Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Mouse Movement Outside of View screen
Playing 1.15

Windowed
1024x768 @ 32bit
DirectX9
I have restarted my computer since installation.

This bug is going to be hard to describe, so you'll have to forgive me if its confusing.

At the moment, when i move my mouse past the bottom or right edge of the game viewscreen, my mouse doesnt behave as it did in 1.14 and earlier versions.

When i move my mouse past the bottom or right then move it back, there isn't an instant response like there was before. It feels like my mouse has to move offscreen a bit before i see it again.

I dont know if the ViewScreen Collision detection here has anything to do with the primitive ones i've made while learning C#, but if this was happening in my program, i would assume that for some reason the collision detection parameters for the viewscreen are 10-30 pixels too far to the right/down.
I noticed this too. It doesn't seem like there is a boundry to the mousepointer, so if you move it 500 pixles beyond the bottom edge of the game window, it feels like it will have to move 500 pixles upwards before it will show in the game again.
(06-06-2014, 03:22 AM)Tridon Wrote: I noticed this too. It doesn't seem like there is a boundry to the mousepointer, so if you move it 500 pixles beyond the bottom edge of the game window, it feels like it will have to move 500 pixles upwards before it will show in the game again.
That's a good observation, i hadn't noticed it. That should help explain whats going on a bit better.
Mouse sensitivity is cranked too high.

I tried to make a limit on how far the mouse goes, but it didn't work too well... Will have to try again later.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Fixed
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski