Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Thread
No problem, sorry to do not be able to be of more help, but it never happen again Sad
From your description it sounded like a video card driver error/failure.

But no worries, do let me know if it does happen again, and try to get a picture of it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I've just had a couple of crashes whilst designing a car. First time occurred as I was adding a second set of headlights to the existing pair already placed. The second time it was adding a second set of tail-lights to the existing pair already placed. In both instances, the tail-lights or headlights had already been quadrupled before attempting the same on the opposite side of the car.

Logfile attached.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 45.16 KB / Downloads: 446)
Not to make this longer than it should be I believe it is a memory leak issue, as I have played HOURS upon HOURS and than suddenly I can just be ending the turn via f12, and it just crashes to desktop, I restart, do the EXACT same things to see if that was the cause, nope, tanks through until another few hours and it does the same thing, so It has to be some sort of access code violation or just a memory leak.. but it could also be designer related, though I honestly never have had to many problems with the model editor..
According to the log it's a duplication of the scene node names. So yes, it's a memory leak of some sort, the question is if it's in ogre or am I not properly clearing out all scene nodes after designing a vehicle.

Once I get the rest of these bugs taken care of I'll start digging more deep into this one.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
There was an issue with the forum and I lost this thread.... Lucky i have logs of it, to sum it up:

Quote:Crash on startup
I am currently crashing on startup of the newest beta, installed every file that it asked me for.

All i get is an error box saying it encountered a problem and has to close after looking at the details of the error i get this.

AppName: gearcity.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ogremain.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0024cda9

currently running windows xp

Quote:Odd,
Is it generating a log file? (Start, All Programs, GearCity Beta, GearCity Data Folder, Logfile.log)
If so please upload that.

Also could you give me your system specs? Particularly what kind of video card do you have?

Have you tried 1.09? If so how does it run? If not, try it from here: http://gearcity.info/Downloads/Beta/Gear...ta1.09.exe (uninstall 1.10 first)

Quote:log posted

Woo, It is a netbook.

I haven't had the chance to test GearCity on smaller computers. The issue is the game is trying to run a higher resolution than your computer can handle.

Return to the same folder than you found the log in, go into the settings folder and overwrite the videoconfig.xml file with the attached file. (You will have to unzip it)

If this file does not work then see if you can raise the resolution of the computer to higher setting... If that doesn't work we can try running it in full screen... (Crashing will lock up the system however.)

Let me know if it works.
Fixed the forum issue, and attached the file. You can just use this over write the file...

I still can't retrieve the broken thread though.

Attached Files
.xml   VideoConfig.xml (Size: 707 bytes / Downloads: 568)
This thread isnt marked Fixed, so going by the readme i assume im allowed to post in here still.

I experienced the same bug you just mentioned, i was about to report it, but i saw this thread and the fix for it.
In my case the crash happened when i set it to fullscreen and had it at 1920-1200 which is beyond my computers maximum of 1920-1080.
I just fixed it by editing my settings file, first turning off fullscreen then eventually editing the resolution settings(after reading this thread).
(12-11-2013, 11:25 PM)Arakash Wrote: This thread isnt marked Fixed, so going by the readme i assume im allowed to post in here still.

I experienced the same bug you just mentioned, i was about to report it, but i saw this thread and the fix for it.
In my case the crash happened when i set it to fullscreen and had it at 1920-1200 which is beyond my computers maximum of 1920-1080.
I just fixed it by editing my settings file, first turning off fullscreen then eventually editing the resolution settings(after reading this thread).

You're welcome to post anywhere really, the rules are just guidelines to prevent complete chaos. Luckily though there isn't that many posters so it's all good.

I'm hoping to get around to writing a little script which can be ran from the start menu to reset video settings. I'm glad to see you got your issue resolved! Have fun playing! Smile
I merged a few similar or nearly resolved crashes together into a single thread.