Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Random Crashing in Office
Yeah worked fine again when i rebooted it
Playing 1.11

I had this crash after playing the game for a few years.
The most recent time i pressed the "end turn" button in the office caused the crash

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 127.9 KB / Downloads: 444)
Simply put, it seems, without fail, that when I press F12 to end a turn, the game gives me a "Program has stopped responding" error.

This is an issue specifically with that command, since if I click on the clock, the turn rolls over without any sort of issues.

I'll try to get a log up when/if I get around to creating it again - and can find them.

By the way, I did add the 1.11 hotfix.
You can get to the logs by clicking the start button>All Programs> GearCity Open Beta> GearCity Data Folder

The log is named Logfile.log Smile

I need to see which state it crashes in, so the log file is needed.

Thanks.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Okay. I just ran it, and it crashed even on Turn 1.

Logfile is attached.[/code]

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 34.84 KB / Downloads: 425)
I'm just wondering if there's been any update as to what the problem is. Or if it even was indeed an issue relating to F12, or perhaps something else entirely..
Sorry, Didn't see the last comment.

From what I can tell it's the same crash as the End Turn/Office/F12 bug.

I've made a slight change/fix to the system I'm hoping this will catch it. If not in 1.13 we'll have a mini-dumper system which should help me track down the cause.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Savegame and logfile included.

Crashes when pressing F12.

forget the savegame, wrong one Sad

Attached Files
.rar   Viking.rar (Size: 148.68 KB / Downloads: 433)
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 351.72 KB / Downloads: 429)
Okay. I started a new game on the new 1.12 and went straight to the R&D Department and created a chassis, engine, and gearbox. When I clicked office the game crashed. I started in Chicago and did not do anything in the game before or after.

I am running Windows 8.1 with an i7 quad 2.4 ghz. 16 gb of ram.

I could not find a logfile to upload and my screen did not reveal much. Hope this helps!

EDIT:

Also, I did not install the video tutorials when I updated. Let me know if this could be related.
I'm not sure how to get to the Gear City Data folder in windows 8.1. In windows 7 and older you would click start, all programs, GearCity Open Beta, then GearCity Data Folder. So look for GearCity Data Folder where you find the shortcut to the game.

The videos shouldn't cause any crashes.

I would assume you either have the directx locking bug in windows 8, or it was that pesky office crash!

Anyhoo the log would be appreciated, maybe someone else with windows 8 will chime in.