Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Random Crashing in Office
There has been a few reports of random crashing in the Office.

Normally this occurs when loading the office or doing something in the office that involves processing.

In the logfile.log there is no visible errors...

I believe this is an buffer overflow error, an issue with the audio playback system, or both. It may take a while to find it...

If you run into a random crash in the office please upload your log files to this thread.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I run into this problem: I selected Office->Reports log->Expenses and it crashed Sad

I hope the log is useful, because I opened the game again, the next time I will first insert here the log Smile

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 30.65 KB / Downloads: 488)
In my case is always crash when i try to open some charts.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 32.79 KB / Downloads: 460)
(04-01-2013, 05:53 AM)Shleizer Wrote: In my case is always crash when i try to open some charts.

Shleizer, I believe your error is related to this: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=381

You wouldn't happen to be using Avast as well?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Quote:Shleizer, I believe your error is related to this: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=381

You wouldn't happen to be using Avast as well?

Yes, it is an Avast fault.
Seems like the office is acting up again... Sad
After starting my 3rd game, entering expenses causes a crash.

Restarted 3 times, still crashes when entering expenses. See attached log.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 34.63 KB / Downloads: 463)
It crashed as I pushed... something (can't remember), but it was in the office. It's the same as the globe incident I reported earlier.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 36.77 KB / Downloads: 453)
(10-11-2013, 03:38 PM)WaterlandBaits Wrote: After starting my 3rd game, entering expenses causes a crash.

Restarted 3 times, still crashes when entering expenses. See attached log.

Could you attach the saved game for me? It is located in the same directory as the log file. You will need to zip or rar the file before uploading it to the forums.

I believe this issue has been fixed for 1.09. It should be crashes if you look at the expenses while you are designing a gearbox. Once the gearbox is finished being design it should work fine again.

I would like to check it though just to be sure.

(10-11-2013, 06:38 PM)ChaapaNA Wrote: It crashed as I pushed... something (can't remember), but it was in the office. It's the same as the globe incident I reported earlier.

I believe this is the same issue as the other ones, vram or video card issue. Once 1.09 comes out if you still have this issue we'll go from there.
(10-11-2013, 10:29 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Could you attach the saved game for me? It is located in the same directory as the log file. You will need to zip or rar the file before uploading it to the forums.

I believe this issue has been fixed for 1.09. It should be crashes if you look at the expenses while you are designing a gearbox. Once the gearbox is finished being design it should work fine again.

I would like to check it though just to be sure.

Yup, true! After trying to restart the game several times, i got tired and reinstalled the game. So save is deleted. However, thx for the tip!