Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Resolved]Loading graphs crashes the game.
Every graph I click crashes the game. I haven't seen this reported previously, so I thought I'd report it.

Logfile is attached.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 32.6 KB / Downloads: 410)
I had a very similar problem, the anti-virus I signaled danger and gnuplot.exe as containing a virus and erasing it. I had to reinstall the game and put an exception in the anti-virus to use graphs. You can check in the folder (\GearCity Open Beta\gnuplot\gnuplot.exe) and see if there is still.
AV software may prevent the usage of gnuplot.exe because it is being called from another .exe (gearcity.exe) May I ask which antivirus program you guys are using?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
i use avast.
I use Avast too, that explains my problem!

Sorry for double post, but adding the VENT folder in Program Files to Avast exceptions (File System Shield) and reinstalling has made it work.... false positive?

I didn't even see a warning for Gnuplot come up, that's the thing!
As I said before I believe it probably made a false positive because I'm calling an exe from an exe... I could do it with pipes, but I still think the more zealous AV software will block it.

In any case if this becomes a problem I'll contact avast.

And just to be on the safe-side I did a Virustotal scan of my copy of gnuplot.exe and it came up with: 46 AV software scanners says it's good and 0 says it's bad so confused

Anyhoo for the time being I'm making this as testing. Until I have more complaints or something...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
If avast users run into this problem please report it as a false positive using Avast's false positive feature:

Quote:To report it as false positive go to the main window of Avast and open the chest.
Search the lines for gnuplot or gearcity, right click on it and choose "Send to Avast Software".
In the new window, choose "False Positive" and fill the blanks.
Then send.
I've exchanged emails with some Avast devs, hopefully we'll be able to get this resolved.
Sorry to bump, but was just about to report the issue as well... And I actually don't use a anti-virus program as far as I know Wink cba.
It crashes while loading graphs? If your not using an antivirus and it does it again please include your log file. You can find it by going to Gear City in your start menu and clicking on the folder that says "GearCity Files" or "GearCity Folder" something like that.