Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Marketing/Lobbying Resetting every turn
Ive noticed that in the last few turns in my game, my Newspapers expenditure in a specific city(for all brands and broadbase) its reset to 0 at the start of the next turn even though i set it in the last one.

About 3-4 times in a row now.

I have the lock percentage and lock all button down.
I move the slider to max while setting it on (all vehicles/Brands) then press apply.
The next turn my vehicle and broadbase newspaper marketing are set to 0.

Edit :
Figured this out somewhat.
When i turned the "lock to" checkboxes off, the figure stayed where i wanted it to. So i assume its some kind of problem with that mechanic specifically.'

Edit 2:
This bug is also effecting the lobbying checkbox in the same way.

Edit 3:
See the later posts for an in detail update on the difficulties surrounding this bug

Attached Files
.rar   Save and Log.rar (Size: 305.97 KB / Downloads: 458)
I just had something similar happen to me.
See screen shot, the game just zeroed out all marketing except for misc on all of my cities.

Save file also attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Stuart.rar (Size: 1.11 MB / Downloads: 462)
A small update to my original post, this same bug also effects the lock percentage checkbox in the lobbying screen.
Some preliminary updates.
I attempted to replicate this bug today as Eric said he was having difficulty doing so.
I did manage to do so, but i noticed another bug that may be related (or perhaps even the cause) which i reported here.

I did a lot of testing with this bug trying to replicate it.
In one of my saves, all i had to do was turn the lock marketing percentage checkbox on for that specific city then try to apply any changes to its marketing budget and those changes would not be there the next turn.
Simple example, in month one with the checkbox unchecked i had 0 event/newspaper marketing
During month one I set each of them to x, say 200 using only the apply button
in month two with the checkbox unchecked they showed as 200
During month two I turn the checkbox on and try setting each of them to 0 using the apply button.
In month three they show as 200 still.

But i can remember trying to replicate the bug with that process other times and the same bug not occurring.
Im really confused by this one.
If anyone else can share times its happened to them, especially if you have figured out what the player has to do to cause it, that might be useful in figuring this out.
Ok I think I got this.

If you have lock set and use the "Apply" button it will not set the percentage for the lock. As such the next turn it will use the last set percentage. Thus it will revert back to the last price in which the percentage was set.

Since this was a pain to catch. I'm marking this as "Testing" just in case I didn't fix all the cases.

Thanks again everyone!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski