Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Mega Menu - Marketing Cost showing strange numbers
This may or may not be related to some of the other bugs around marketing that have been reported.
In the save im posting below, in the mega menu, every time i press apply or apply to all on any marketing type, the box which normally shows the value ive set it to switches to some really high and strange number.
When i move the slider back and forth i get the normal numbers that seem to be working, but every time i press that button, the value changes to strange numbers.

I am still able to set marketing using the slider because the strange number only appears after ive applied the value ive set, not before.
So in that sense the bug is purely cosmetic, but very strange.

So look at the screenshots ive provided. The only action ive taken is to press the apply button.
Notice my event budget has not changed, but a strange number appeared in the budget box below.

Log and save attached.

Update:
This is very strange.....
I went into a different save, adjusted some marketing in order to replicate the bug in this thread
Eventually i was able to replicate it in some form, then i came back to the save ive got in this thread.
It wasnt happening in the same way it was before.
Compare these two screenshots, all ive done is press the apply button again.
Strange isnt it?

The fact the same bug is happening across two different saves and changed across those two different saves i think is indicative of some kind of underlying problem perhaps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   bug report 21_04_14.rar (Size: 316.21 KB / Downloads: 467)
I was going to post on this today. I've had the same thing happen on different turns of the same game. The figure that appears in the text box seems to be completely random.
I do believe I have fixed this, as such I'm marking it as testing for 1.14
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski