Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Increasing Difficulty
I think i may have been brainstorming a similar idea in another thread. Edit : i just found the thread here is a link
In that case, i wanted to make putting the sliders to the maximum have an exponential cost very close to the end so you wouldn't always put them to max or min.
Just thought i might share that as i thought it was relevant. Keep in mind im not saying its a better or worse idea than yours, just something i remember discussing.

Putting that aside for a moment...
Quote:, the game's difficulty is something that needs adjustment, I guess we can all agree on that.
A large part of the reason i haven't got into a lot of depth of discussions about difficulty myself is that the game is missing some of the largest and most challenging companies. Like Ford for instance.
Edit: Taxes are also disabled in the current version, which has a big impact on difficulty
In the earlier versions i played which had fewer and less aggressive AI, i found the game much much easier than i do now. (as you can see from my AAR)

So i would be at least cautious about trying to finely balance the game without these AI present. It doesn't mean you shouldn't or cant do balancing now, but it will be difficult to judge the results of it until that AI is in. (or how much/if its necessary)

Messages In This Thread
Increasing Difficulty - by freeman2344 - 03-21-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Increasing Difficulty - by Arakash - 03-21-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Increasing Difficulty - by freeman2344 - 03-21-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: Increasing Difficulty - by Arakash - 03-21-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: Increasing Difficulty - by Eric.B - 01-21-2015, 10:28 PM