Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Testing]Excessive Retooling Costs
Some of the Branch retooling costs are getting really excessive.
Edit: This may be a bug with redesign and wear, see my other post in this thread.

I had a branch from game start until about 1902.
I decided i probably needed to expand it, so i redesigned the branch.
Then i checked to see if it needed retooling as well (as redesign doesnt retool atm), and the cost is listed as 1mil, which is totally over the top imo, its not even a big branch, probably cost 10-20k per month.

I demolished the Branch, and built a new one instead, which was 900k cheaper, but forced me to remanage all the sales/marketing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Might have something to do with the -302% efficiency. I reckon that's a bug!
There may be a bug with the general retooling calculation, rather than just branches, look at this.
Again i was forced to demolish in this case the factory and rebuild it, as the retooling cost was out of control.

I suspect it has something to do with resizing/redesiging screwing up the amount of wear on the factory/branch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-121% efficiency!! Built in 1902 what year was this pic taken?
I've never seen a factory or branch go into negative efficiency but then I generally retool both every couple of years at worst.
(02-04-2014, 12:02 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: -121% efficiency!! Built in 1902 what year was this pic taken?
I've never seen a factory or branch go into negative efficiency but then I generally retool both every couple of years at worst.
That was a Factory from game start, which i resized, i think the screenshot was from 1903/1904.

Ive unfortunately had a really bad day, i was trying to reach the sales records i set in a thread from the last version, but ive run into several bugs making it more difficult. Also the AI is more competent than the last version, so its going to be a struggle either way.
I suppose this is the purpose of Open Beta testers though. We test it so people later dont have to.
Yeah, nasty bug!!! -121% efficiency in a 2-3 year old factory! Gotta hurt!!!
I just retooled a heap of branches that had been resized about 3 years ago game time and a shite load of them had negative conditions. None of the branches that were built from scratch had negative conditions, only the ones that were resized.
This makes me think that this bug is something to do with resizing not working properly rather than branches aging incorrectly.
(02-17-2014, 05:11 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I just retooled a heap of branches that had been resized about 3 years ago game time and a shite load of them had negative conditions. None of the branches that were built from scratch had negative conditions, only the ones that were resized.
This makes me think that this bug is something to do with resizing not working properly rather than branches aging incorrectly.
I totally agree, im glad you've been able to confirm it.
This is basically what i probably failed to clearly say earlier when i said this:
Quote:I suspect it has something to do with resizing/redesiging screwing up the amount of wear on the factory/branch.
I had see the same problem when redesign a factory or branch, one of them go -1100% of efficiency, other problem i had realize is in the mega menu you cant retool all the branch at once...
(02-17-2014, 07:38 AM)girao Wrote: I had see the same problem when redesign a factory or branch, one of them go -1100% of efficiency, other problem i had realize is in the mega menu you cant retool all the branch at once...
My experience has been basically identical.

The other bug you talked about, a very frustrating and time consuming bug, the button in the mega menu "retool all branches/factories" not working, was reported here. Any more contributions that specific thread about that bug are welcome.