Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[FIXED]Less Clicks Suggestion
(01-15-2014, 02:19 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 08:29 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Left hand?

I'm planning on adding programable hot keys, so hopefully you'll be able to play most of the game without a mouse. Tongue

Wow that would be perfect Eric !

I agree. I consider it ideal to be able to do many things with the keyboard if possible.
Especially things in the Mega menu. I think all of that could be hotkey controlled.
(01-15-2014, 03:03 AM)Arakash Wrote: I agree. I consider it ideal to be able to do many things with the keyboard if possible.
Especially things in the Mega menu. I think all of that could be hotkey controlled.

Of course it would be great! Playing as "Old School" gamers ;-)

I only hope there will be an "exit window" hot key, because the escape key only access to the game menu. As I keep saying, for me, going to a city, to open the branch window, then click on close the branch, then click yes, then click the "red cross", well, it way too long and hard...

As a matter of fact, OH GOD, I miss the "P"revious and "N"ext buttons from DETROIT... biggrin
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-15-2014, 04:28 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 03:03 AM)Arakash Wrote: I agree. I consider it ideal to be able to do many things with the keyboard if possible.

Of course it would be great! Playing as "Old School" gamers ;-)

I only hope there will be an "exit window" hot key, because the escape key only access to the game menu. As I keep saying, for me, going to a city, to open the branch window, then click on close the branch, then click yes, then click the "red cross", well, it way too long and hard...

As a matter of fact, OH GOD, I miss the "P"revious and "N"ext buttons from DETROIT... biggrin

I was thinking something along the lines of the customizable hotkey system in X-3
There are a metric TON of menus, but all of it can entirely be controlled by keyboard, so regardless of how obtuse the system is, you can do it all MUCH MUCH QUICKER through hotkeys.
Like : r. up or down(to select item), enter, C, 1, (select location), Enter
Is commanding one of your owned ships to go to a certain place (if i remember that correctly)
Quite an involved process with a mouse, but much quicker with hotkeys
Yes I agree!

Also, maybe we could get "scrolling" enable on mouses... Sometimes, it is truly boring to manually scroll down (if we consider that we already have many buttons to click on)

But maybe this is much harder to set-up... Don't know...
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
The monthly end turn report system has been made, and a number of the requested reports have been created too. As such I'm marking this thread as fixed.

The hot keys idea is still on my list of todos, I'll get to it eventually...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski