Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[FIXED]Less Clicks Suggestion
(01-11-2014, 11:48 AM)geozero Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 11:31 AM)Eric.B Wrote: What if I make these as reports. Then create an "End Turn" report that is customizable in the sales log? Then you can place any five report in that report and it'll come up at the end of your turns.

Quote:Im feeling more guilty the more things i list here i think i'm giving you a lot of work here.
Don't worry about it, If I wasn't working on this I'd be working on something else. Smile

I would ask for a report that can be customized in user preference, that is you can decide to have it on/off, and decide some key areas of information to include in it. Like a pivot table in excel.

Then also have a button in the sales log so you can bring it up any time after you close it.

These options give you the best of all worlds, and allows the user to have a summary or more detail report as needed.

IMHO more user options like this really bring the player into the business part of the game. The immersion is as deep as they want and makes replayability greater.

Pivot tables would not be possible with our GUI system sadly.

My proposal would be just like the user generated reports, however one report would come up at the end of the turn.

I would add in a number of reports you want, such as a complete factory breakdown by city, etc. You could use such reports as a normal report or an end of turn report.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-11-2014, 12:30 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 11:48 AM)geozero Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 11:31 AM)Eric.B Wrote: What if I make these as reports. Then create an "End Turn" report that is customizable in the sales log? Then you can place any five report in that report and it'll come up at the end of your turns.

Quote:Im feeling more guilty the more things i list here i think i'm giving you a lot of work here.
Don't worry about it, If I wasn't working on this I'd be working on something else. Smile

I would ask for a report that can be customized in user preference, that is you can decide to have it on/off, and decide some key areas of information to include in it. Like a pivot table in excel.

Then also have a button in the sales log so you can bring it up any time after you close it.

These options give you the best of all worlds, and allows the user to have a summary or more detail report as needed.

IMHO more user options like this really bring the player into the business part of the game. The immersion is as deep as they want and makes replayability greater.

Pivot tables would not be possible with our GUI system sadly.

My proposal would be just like the user generated reports, however one report would come up at the end of the turn.

I would add in a number of reports you want, such as a complete factory breakdown by city, etc. You could use such reports as a normal report or an end of turn report.

That sounds good. I would be happy with that.
Yep that would be nice... Smile
Do we need to confirm that we are going into another turn? It would eliminate a click, and if you clicked end turn (grandfather clock) accidentally you could always restart from the AI save couldn't you?
If you want to skip that dialog, just hit f12 Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I'm thinking more in terms of a report that contains a page per main department, that could replace some of the ones we get today.

Will be happy to make a list of suggestions tomorrow (too late for tonight).
(01-14-2014, 06:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote: If you want to skip that dialog, just hit f12 Smile

Good to know... but my hand has to leave the mouse. Smile
(01-14-2014, 07:18 PM)geozero Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 06:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote: If you want to skip that dialog, just hit f12 Smile

Good to know... but my hand has to leave the mouse. Smile

Left hand?

I'm planning on adding programable hot keys, so hopefully you'll be able to play most of the game without a mouse. Tongue
Left hand usually has the beer or coffee... LOL. Or it has to cross all the waaaaay across the keyboard. I am about minimal movement. If you can add voice commands even better. LOL. Smile
j/k
(01-14-2014, 08:29 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Left hand?

I'm planning on adding programable hot keys, so hopefully you'll be able to play most of the game without a mouse. Tongue

Wow that would be perfect Eric !
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI