Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marques (After takeover)
(01-03-2014, 04:44 AM)Arakash Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 10:49 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
Quote:I think this could be rolled into another few suggestions to make general screen/report/menu where you inspect your competitors. It could show:
Their models
Components
Sales History
Profits
Large Assets (like factories)
(Im sure you could put more on this list)

Where would you guys like to see such a report? In the stock menu or the sales book reports? Both?
Also brainstorm anything else you'd want to see in such a report. It's easier to knock everything out at once.

As it gives information that is useful to players in general situations(i would probably look at it regularly when playing), think it better fits into reports than sitting in the stock menu.
I was thinking it would have a selection bar to choose what company you want the report about, similar to the selection bars in charts which let you choose a city or model.

On other items that might be relevant to that report, i think it depends on an overall design choice.
Do you want a report that gives you a central view of your competitor, or one that gives information that isnt currently available on your competitor, or one that does both?

For information that i don't think is currently available anywhere:
Components(I dont know if this is useful without specific stats, but knowing they are the biggest component licenser might be good to know.)
Large Assets (like factories)
I dont know the details of them, but some of your new marketing/image things from the next update may be relevant.

If you wanted a report that gave you central view of your competitor, you could take information from:
Compare vehicles area: available vehicle models
Reports: Annual Report
Charts: General Market share
Generated reports(partly): Market share in vehicle category and best selling vehicle
World map: Branch locations and vehicle sales price
Sales: Sales by City and Sales by vehicle

I like the Arakash idea!

But let's assume that it should be both into reports and stock, as for me it should stop us from quitting stocks to go to the office reports to check that.

As it should not be that hard (as did once) to edit the stock reports too

I also found out a new weird thing with the takeover.

Allstone was nearly dead (that is to say their stock was almost $1 per share, and the company estimation was about $ 50K), so I bought it.

I did nothing, except selling it in UK only (to check the market), but with prices I used before. To clarify it, 3 cars were available from 1923, which is not bad because I bought it on december 1923... Production costs were:
1- Nearly $ 250 (can't remember the generic names)
2- Nearly $ 210
3- Nearly $ 550

So I started to sell them for:
1- $ 1200
2- $ 1000
3- $ 1500

After three months, they were sold respectively $ 2000, $ 1800, and $ 2500.
I set-up production of about 800 (for 1 and 2) and almost 500 for the third.
Well, guess what... The nearly erased company was worth it! With no expenses at all (I mean except for branches and production) I sold a total of 2100-2200 cars/ month within the first 3 months, the total produced... And, once again, ONLY in the UK!

So here is my question, don't you think there may be a lack of balance here?
In my mind, either competitors are selling at prices that are too low or I am with too high prices for the market. Nevertheless, they fail and I sell...
That is to say, maybe the AI needs to be worked on, at the selling price level... Don't know exactly...

Also, I now earn $ 100M+ per month while they get nearly nothing and go bankruptcy. In 1927, my bank account was worth % 4,6 B, and my available cash was nearly $ 2B... So, it takes all the "difficulty pleasure" out as I can go for any expense I want, only producing fully slidered components or cars... I know the game was in easy mode but still... I am not even in 1930 and the game plans to finish about what? 2020? No way I could EVER loose this ongoing game (except if it still crashes...)
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-03-2014, 09:25 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: So here is my question, don't you think there may be a lack of balance here?
In my mind, either competitors are selling at prices that are too low or I am with too high prices for the market. Nevertheless, they fail and I sell...
That is to say, maybe the AI needs to be worked on, at the selling price level... Don't know exactly...

Also, I now earn $ 100M+ per month while they get nearly nothing and go bankruptcy. In 1927, my bank account was worth % 4,6 B, and my available cash was nearly $ 2B... So, it takes all the "difficulty pleasure" out as I can go for any expense I want, only producing fully slidered components or cars... I know the game was in easy mode but still... I am not even in 1930 and the game plans to finish about what? 2020? No way I could EVER loose this ongoing game (except if it still crashes...)

The AI does need some work, I've been addressing it. It's still not finished but it's better in 1.11...

As far as how you got so much money so quickly, I've yet looked at your game files, but it will be addressed. You shouldn't be able to grow that fast.

I believe with a stronger AI, you won't be able to... hopefully! biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-03-2014, 09:25 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: So here is my question, don't you think there may be a lack of balance here?

When you say "Easy mode" Do you actually mean the Easy Difficulty or was that just slang?

I think the discussion on too easy/too much money really needs another thread, as it seems unrelated to this one.
I think its an interesting discussion to have, but it would totally derail the thread.
Sure, you're right !

I will create a dedicated post tomorrow !

Sorry about that !

And when I say easy mode, of course I mean easy difficulty.
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-05-2014, 01:32 PM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Sure, you're right !

I will create a dedicated post tomorrow !

Sorry about that !

And when I say easy mode, of course I mean easy difficulty.

That's no problem.
Sorry if i sounded a bit blunt, i know we've had some communication/language problems before so i did want to make sure you meant easy difficulty rather than something else.

I think you should start a new game on Normal, use the same strategy and then see if you still think there are balancing problems and post about them if you find them.
I think if Easy is Easy then its probably doing its job, but if Normal or Hard is Easy then that's probably something that should be addressed.
There should be a 30-50% sales figure gap between Easy and Hard. Of course this effects the AI too, so. :|
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(01-05-2014, 06:46 PM)Arakash Wrote: That's no problem.
Sorry if i sounded a bit blunt, i know we've had some communication/language problems before so i did want to make sure you meant easy difficulty rather than something else.

I think you should start a new game on Normal, use the same strategy and then see if you still think there are balancing problems and post about them if you find them.
I think if Easy is Easy then its probably doing its job, but if Normal or Hard is Easy then that's probably something that should be addressed.

--» Finally got it, yeaaaaah!!!
No worries, no offense taken!

I will definitely try to start a new game in normal, to check differences, as soon as I get time to do so!

That being said, Eric, do you know the differences between Easy and Normal (about the sales)?
(01-07-2014, 06:22 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 06:46 PM)Arakash Wrote: That's no problem.

--» Finally got it, yeaaaaah!!!
No worries, no offense taken!

I will definitely try to start a new game in normal, to check differences, as soon as I get time to do so!

That being said, Eric, do you know the differences between Easy and Normal (about the sales)?

Other than starting money, this is the main difference:

823 //Easy
824 moneyBoostLOW = 1.55;
825 moneyBoost = 1.45;
826 moneyBoostHIGH = 1.55;
827 popBooster = 1.75;

831 //Normal
832 moneyBoostLOW = 1.35;
833 moneyBoost = 1.35;
834 moneyBoostHIGH = 1.25;
835 popBooster = 1.5;
Thanks!

I'll be trying first in Normal mode, not to burn my wings too quickly!

Then I'll try the hard mode, which should be the most challenging one obviously!