Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marques (After takeover)
Hello there,
I found out kinda problem when takingover other company.
Is it possible to create a new acquired brand model? As an example, I offered myself te Bulgutti brand from france for two reasons: First I am a huge brand fan (The original one, not the VAG brand), and second, I wanted to develop and sell car in Europe (I started and stayed in the US so far)...
I could not find any possiblity to do so... When creating a new model, it automatically goes under the original company name. I even tried to develop a new year model of a Bulgutti car, but it did not become a Bulgutti sadly...
I will try with the "Trim system" I do not really understand... But still, as I can NOT develop any new model, am I condamned to produce the one and only model from Bulgutti I have available for ever?
Not sure if this is bug or undevelop feature...
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
When you get to the "New Car Design: Overview" the place with all the buttons when designing a car, such as format, interior, materials, etc, there is a combobox with brand located on the right. This is where you change the brand/marque. Smile

If that doesn't work, then it's a bug and i'll have to take a look at it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Wow, I looked for it for at least 2 hours without finding it anywhere...

But that is GREAT new, many thanks for the quick answer!

Keep going, the game is excellent so far!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
Will post here, in order not to spoil!

First, thanks Eric, it works fine that way! I can now produce Borgotti cars, Yeah!

That is, I noticed something that is truly fastidious...

I used the stock market to buy low prices companies, in order to get the brands! Then, the first thing is, to me, to re-allocate labor or distribution... That is soooooo long and hard...

I have to click on any location on the map where I can find a red point (then, if I do not go to the office again, point are staying red) to close things... It takes me so long to check everywhere, and then to close both branches and factories!

Maybe we should get a short summary along with the bought company that lists all the assets owned by it before buying!
That is, I usually use takeover to quickly get new factories when I expand and I find it like lottery... I know the origin of any brand, but I can not find its assets!

I bought the Deluge brand, and I noticed several turn later that I was producing model and trying to sell them in Brazil... Ok, it is not that bad, but let's say the bought company have 10+ factories, it becomes muuuuuuuch longer and harder!
(01-02-2014, 03:14 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Maybe we should get a short summary along with the bought company that lists all the assets owned by it before buying!

This is something i would also like to see eventually.

I think this could be rolled into another few suggestions to make general screen/report/menu where you inspect your competitors. It could show:
Their models
Components
Sales History
Profits
Large Assets (like factories)
(Im sure you could put more on this list)

Currently most of this information is spread out in a few locations and over a few generated reports or not available at all.
Yeah, that is exactly what was on my mind! Great idea, the Competitors report!

Did you find large assests (or let's say FACTORIES!!!!!!!!) report anywhere?

I could not...
(01-02-2014, 05:50 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Yeah, that is exactly what was on my mind! Great idea, the Competitors report!

Did you find large assests (or let's say FACTORIES!!!!!!!!) report anywhere?

I could not...

Afaik, that's in the "not available at all" category.

The information which is available(On your competitors) again afaik is some sales numbers(through a few generated reports and sales screen etc.), market share and models through the compare vehicles screen.
There is also information on the world map under each city as well.
Im missing several here i imagine, but my main point is you have to go to 9 different places to find them at the moment, and Factories are one more piece of useful information that could be in there.
Quote:I think this could be rolled into another few suggestions to make general screen/report/menu where you inspect your competitors. It could show:
Their models
Components
Sales History
Profits

Where would you guys like to see such a report? In the stock menu or the sales book reports? Both?
Also brainstorm anything else you'd want to see in such a report. It's easier to knock everything out at once.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I'd say basically both!

That is, I will try to establish a list of all the suggestions I have in one set!
(01-02-2014, 10:49 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
Quote:I think this could be rolled into another few suggestions to make general screen/report/menu where you inspect your competitors. It could show:
Their models
Components
Sales History
Profits

Where would you guys like to see such a report? In the stock menu or the sales book reports? Both?
Also brainstorm anything else you'd want to see in such a report. It's easier to knock everything out at once.

As it gives information that is useful to players in general situations(i would probably look at it regularly when playing), think it better fits into reports than sitting in the stock menu.
I was thinking it would have a selection bar to choose what company you want the report about, similar to the selection bars in charts which let you choose a city or model.

On other items that might be relevant to that report, i think it depends on an overall design choice.
Do you want a report that gives you a central view of your competitor, or one that gives information that isnt currently available on your competitor, or one that does both?

For information that i don't think is currently available anywhere:
Components(I dont know if this is useful without specific stats, but knowing they are the biggest component licenser might be good to know.)
I dont know the details of them, but some of your new marketing/image things from the next update may be relevant.

If you wanted a report that gave you central view of your competitor, you could take information from:
Compare vehicles area: available vehicle models
Reports: Annual Report
Charts: General Market share
Generated reports(partly): Market share in vehicle category and best selling vehicle
World map: Branch locations and vehicle sales price
Sales: Sales by City and Sales by vehicle