Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Submit a Tip!
Do you know how to make tons of cash? Do you know what to do during a strike? Help out your fellow CEOs by submitting a game tip in this thread! It may make it into the game and your user name may show up in the credits!

Tips must not be longer than 120 characters.

Legal Junk:
By submitting a 'Tip' (Any text posted in this thread.) you grant Visual Entertainment and Technologies, LLC royalty-free,worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the 'Tip' within any Visual Entertainment and Technologies, LLC products for an indefinite amount of time.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Very simple, for beginner: reports are your best friends! Smile

At the start, look for "Body Style Demand"...
Don't forget to *disable* auto-hire if you need to cut staff/production.

(this happened to me in one of my earlier games - see my AAR report - nearly went bankrupt!)
(09-02-2013, 10:16 PM)Slim Jim Wrote: Don't forget to *disable* auto-hire if you need to cut staff/production.

(this happened to me in one of my earlier games - see my AAR report - nearly went bankrupt!)

In 1.07 you should haven't to cut staff to reduce production anymore. You just set how many you want to build for a month and the Auto-AI will fire/hire as it see fits.

However Turning off Auto-Hire and managing your own guys will make you more money, I think the AI pays a little more than it has to, to avoid moral decrease.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Check the competition in a city before opening a branch there.
An IPO gains lots of money, but make sure you don't IPO until you're profitable!
Beyond what has already been mentioned:
If you have spare money and spare production capacity, Marketing can be a very effective investment.
Concerned about the competition? Consider buying them out.
Try to earn a government subsidy through lobbying before before building large factories.
Material Quality is one of the most important factors in component/vehicle design. It is the easiest and simplest way to reduce the overall weight of your vehicle without making serious modifications to its design.
Having a Lighter vehicles is desirable in most circumstances. Primarily, it allows you to make more efficient/smaller/cheaper engines.