Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$500] #314 Move to C++17 | Requires: #313
Price: $500

Description: GearCity 32-bit build uses C++03. The 64-bit build is on C++13. We need to upgrade the game engine and build infrastructure to C++17. This upgrade will allow us to include future modern libraries to improve game performance. Ideally, the community funds this bounty at the same time as Bounty #148.

Requirements: #313

Required By: #315, #316

Concerns: Amusingly enough, I might not have enough hard drive space to create another complete set of Virtual Machines!

Eric's Opinion: One of the things I don't want to do is reset all the build infrastructure for the game to change to an updated language. But it must be done if fund some performance improvements in the future. I will also have to update the infrastructure with Bounty #148, so it would be a good time to pair both bounties.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Finished!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski