Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transportation-dependent pricing
Couldn't find anything searching for "transportation", so I hope this is new. Currently playing with a Japan start on Hard. Early on, Australia was a necessary market, but transportation costs are significant in 1900.

So my solution was to look at the transportation cost for my Sydney branch, go to Autocommands' Change Prices, type the value under increase, then apply it to all vehicles while selecting the Australia district. Not a lot of work, but every time new models entered the market, every time I make a new generation/trim, I have to manually enter that again.

It would be great if you could do that automatically. This is probably tough to implement since you'd have to have a way to set a sort of "base price". Maybe a checkbox to simply offload transportation cost on consumers? So I could for example set prices in Japan and Australia to be the same, check the "consumer pays transportation cost" option and the final price in Australia would be much higher than in Japan.
How about adding such a feature to the auto-sale system? There is a bounty that allows for the player to adjust margins. We could have an additional checkbox to compensate for shipping.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
That sounds like a great idea!
This is now Bounty #322: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4489
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Sweet! Thanks Eric.

[-]
Quick Reply