Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[$1000] #264 | Optional Equipment Research | Requires #76
Price: $1000

Description: This bounty expands on the optional equipment system to create option groups. Players will then have to put research money and engineers into these groups to develop new and better equipment technologies. This works similarly to the other research systems in the game.

Some but not all Equipment Option categories include Emissions Parts, Braking Systems, Entertainment, Comforts, Drivetrains, Safety Features, Self Driving Technologies, etc.

Requirements: #76

Required By: #265

Concerns: This bounty would make the research system very verbose. The sub-component research bounty should help that. However, we're talking about going from 4 to 40 to 100 different research categories and sliders.

Eric's Opinion: I'm not a big fan of Optional Equipment groups, but this bounty would add another layer to the system that allows some companies to do better at some things than others. And I am always in favor of making each company less cookie-cutter.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski