Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Open Beta 1.12
GearCity 1.12 Released! More Info Here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1413

So what do you think? Elated? Disappointed? Want to bake me a cake? Chocolate and coconuts please! Wink

Discuss 1.12 here!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I always want cake! biggrin

This is a nice step forward, especially that you've made it harder (and more expensive) to buy out the competition.
Also, the whole vehicle specs are a lot better now, and the ratings more varied. (I can't seem to make engines with 90+ rating within the first couple of years anymore!)
You also seem to have cleared some of the crashes with this update. So far I've only had 1.
I haven't been through the tutorials.....sorry Tongue
Thanks for the new Version.
From what ive played so far, its looking very good.

Highlights for me are the changes to engine designing, vehicle stats and fixing the IPO.
Also having retooling no longer broken is such a relief Smile

Being able to make larger Single Cylinders was a bit of an added bonus, they were my fav engines even before the tech limits, so improvements to them are nice to see.

Tutorials wernt as bad as you were making out either.
I watch LP's on youtube, and many do a much worse job of their audio than you did Smile

Overall i think its less buggy than the last version, but i dont want to jynx it Smile