Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Car Company Tycoon games
I was wondering if anyone wants to share other Car Company Tycoon games they've played and enjoyed, or just use as inspiration for suggestions and the like.

I don't know of many myself, but i know of:
Automation ( currently in development)
Detroit (an old game mentioned by another user)

Automation is an interesting game, focusing a lot on the specifics of engine design at the moment, but is probably too technical for me. Most of it is beyond my knowledge/ability, so i dont tend to enjoy it a lot.
I haven't played Detriot, but ive heard more than one person mention features from it they like.

As it may be asked:
My interest in Gearcity, rather than being from the perspective of a Engine/Vehicle enthusiast, is from my my interest in Complex strategy games, simulators, Wargames and the like. So this obviously explains why i havent played many before Smile.

Anyway, id be interested to hear of any more of these type of games.
According to the FAQ, GearCity is a child of Detroit and Motor City...

So you may want to check out Motor City (Oldtimer) along with Detroit to grasp the concepts of GC.

Other car games I know of:
Car Tycoon
CarBiz
Cars Incorporated

The main reason I started this game was because the only options were Detroit, Motor City, Car Tycoon, and CarBiz at the time. The first two being from the 90s, the third being waaaay too tycoony, and Carbiz being very lackluster... Seems like I wasn't the only one with the same idea! biggrin

I think we're the only hardcore business simulator of the 6. Automation will corner the pure gear head demographics. Which will hurt our revenues, but I think we'll take the majority of strategy gamers such as yourself. Tycoonies will probably be split. Really depends on how Automation makes the business side of their game, but I suspect they'll get the majority of causal Tycoonies. I've always hated casual Tycoon games, so I'm not even going to try to compete for that market! biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-03-2014, 01:50 PM)Eric.B Wrote: According to the FAQ, GearCity is a child of Detroit and Motor City...

So you may want to check out Motor City (Oldtimer) along with Detroit to grasp the concepts of GC.

Other car games I know of:
Car Tycoon
CarBiz
Cars Incorporated

The main reason I started this game was because the only options were Detroit, Motor City, Car Tycoon, and CarBiz at the time. The first two being from the 90s, the third being waaaay too tycoony, and Carbiz being very lackluster... Seems like I wasn't the only one with the same idea! biggrin

I think we're the only hardcore business simulator of the 6. Automation will corner the pure gear head demographics. Which will hurt our revenues, but I think we'll take the majority of strategy gamers such as yourself. Tycoonies will probably be split. Really depends on how Automation makes the business side of their game, but I suspect they'll get the majority of causal Tycoonies. I've always hated casual Tycoon games, so I'm not even going to try to compete for that market! biggrin
Id forgotten that mention in the FAQ, sorry.
Thanks for sharing the names of those other games, ill have to have a look into them at some point and perhaps play a few.

I think hardcore business simulator is a fair description, especially after i keep hearing of the under-the-hood depth in Gearcity Smile Sounds great to me.
Detroit was my favorite. I used to keep an old PC around for years just for that game. GC has a very similar feel. I haven't heard of or looked at Automation. I just found this on steam when I wondered "I wonder if anyone ever released a new Detroit.. I'll search..."