Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Factories
A quick question regarding factories and their qualities.
Obviously all three sliders effect total production capabilities but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what each of them are best for. Or, I guess, more specifically to me right now, which one has the greatest effect on production costs of cars build in the factory?

I ask because I have this crazy idea of trying to make a company focused on Africa and I figure key to success there is price.
They all have their ups and downs, off the top of my head I couldn't tell you. Best to fiddle around with it and figure it out! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Heh, thanks =P

I tried my Africa idea and it was a dismal failure! I couldn't sell more than a dozen cars a month. Perhaps if I wait till the full game and start in 1930 or 1950 once it's population has expanded a bit.
(01-29-2014, 02:33 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Heh, thanks =P

I tried my Africa idea and it was a dismal failure! I couldn't sell more than a dozen cars a month. Perhaps if I wait till the full game and start in 1930 or 1950 once it's population has expanded a bit.

I think it might be possible, but its always a big challenge.
I tried a game in early Japan myself, but even with extremely cheap vehicles, its hard to make it work. There are a number of challenges, but the low labour skill and the low capita is probably the hardest.

In order to not take any penalties while producing, you have to make really low (1/2 to 1 star) manufacturing requirements vehicles, which makes them pretty low quality and inefficient. (to say the least)

The far bigger problem for me was per capita though.
A vehicle selling at say 600-700 (probably about as low as you can practically go imo), is 6-7x per capita in Japan, but barely 2-3x in a places like the UK/US.
This is a real problem, as most people seem to price and market their average vehicles around 3-5x per capita in places like the US/UK ($1100-1800).

So you end up in this weird situation where your making a supercheap low quality vehicle which would normally be targeted at the middle/upper-middle class, but is only being bought by the wealthy in Japan.
Its odd, and hard to manage ive found.

I wonder if trying to sell luxury cars for the super rich, around 9-10x per capita, say $1000 until their per capita goes up would be a practical idea.