Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Open Beta 1.11
Latest build is out, give me some feedback:
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1072
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-12-2014, 09:24 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Latest build is out, give me some feedback:
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1072

About 20mins in im impressed so far.
A lot of the things im really going to have to get some game time to test and see how they work, but i like the additions.

I like the fact your labor skills seem to start out as terrible at everything Smile
Ive played some more now so i can give some more feedback.

A lot of the changes are really interesting to see, especially the new reports and labor skill.
I also like the new changes to having more limited engine choices in the start of the game, that is going to make it much easier on new players.

All of the new artwork looks goods, especially the showroom. Ive also had the pleasure/displeasure of seeing the new bankruptcy screen, which is nicely done.

The changes to the AI seem to be an improvement on the old AI, especially in the way the AI producing mainstream vehicles tends to make more vehicles than it used to. I really like that, the AI were far too easy to steamroll with quantity in the last version.

That said, the majority still seem to sell very few vehicles and sometimes use strange prices. I still feel like im exploiting/abusing the system by buying them out in the stock market as they seem to fail so easily.
As i mentioned in another thread, it may be entirely historical and intentional for them to fail.
Im of the opinion that we we wont get a true measure of the AI until the full compliment of them are in the game. At that point we will see much more clearly where the AI is good and bad and how challenging an opponent it is.