Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Vehicles?
Every car maker has made military vehicles. I could see a spin off so that in "war years" the company can switch to making trucks, half tracks and even tanks. Would be cool to be able to do that and sell directly to another government instead of public.

Just a random thought...
(01-09-2014, 07:22 PM)geozero Wrote: Every car maker has made military vehicles. I could see a spin off so that in "war years" the company can switch to making trucks, half tracks and even tanks. Would be cool to be able to do that and sell directly to another government instead of public.

Just a random thought...

There is something similar which is one of the features im excited about for the future of the game.
Afaik there are no plans to cover tanks or half tracks, but there are plenty regular vehicles required for military purposes.
There are a few posts in the progress update thread/s as well as elsewhere about it and i suspect Eric will probably explain more, but here is a summary:
Eventually there is supposed to be a system for making vehicles for government and private fleets, so everything from taxi's to military vehicles.
(01-09-2014, 07:32 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 07:22 PM)geozero Wrote: Every car maker has made military vehicles. I could see a spin off so that in "war years" the company can switch to making trucks, half tracks and even tanks. Would be cool to be able to do that and sell directly to another government instead of public.

Just a random thought...

There is something similar which is one of the features im excited about for the future of the game.
Afaik there are no plans to cover tanks or half tracks, but there are plenty regular vehicles required for military purposes.
There are a few posts in the progress update thread/s as well as elsewhere about it and i suspect Eric will probably explain more, but here is a summary:
Eventually there is supposed to be a system for making vehicles for government and private fleets, so everything from taxi's to military vehicles.

Sounds good... man anything military would be cool. I can see creating a couple of dozen basic "bodies" and having wheels, tracks, turrets, guns, MG's, rockets and other things you could add. THAT would be uber cool.
(01-09-2014, 07:34 PM)geozero Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 07:32 PM)Arakash Wrote:

Just a random thought...

Sounds good... man anything military would be cool. I can see creating a couple of dozen basic "bodies" and having wheels, tracks, turrets, guns, MG's, rockets and other things you could add. THAT would be uber cool.

Im not sure if he is ever planning to go that far(addable weapons may be beyond the scope of Gearcity), but i think the general implications of making military vehicles is interesting.
For example: You can make yourself more viable/resilient during the war years by trying to sell your sedans or pickups as military vehicles.
Or mount a dual MG on a pickup truck? Maybe with armor plating? LOL
Fleets, suchs as taxi's delivery vans, trucks, will be in the full retail.
Military trucks, semi-trucks, buses, etc will be in the expansion if we sell enough units for me to work on it.

When I get the system working it should do something like this:
Fleets are pretty much pre-sold vehicles, you'll get an order, then you'll have to build X amount to fill the order.

War time will work as such:
Essentially any factories in your HQ country will be given the option to make a military vehicles/components. You'll get paid for doing so. (Just enough to keep the company afloat) Any factories in other countries will probably be blown up biggrin

It's no where near the top priority. But it's coming.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski