Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$400] #218 | End Production Mk2
(03-25-2024, 03:19 PM)JC_Denton Wrote: Hmm, producing all the sub-components sounds like too much micro-management for me. Realistic, sure, but I'm looking for more ways to optimize the management of a large company. Although if that works with auto-produce as well, it just means I'd turn auto-produce on earlier.

https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3801

https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3803

Quote:But yes, a filter, especially one that could still apply after closing/re-opening a window, would also work well.

I'm more talking about a filter for lists, similar to the dropdowns we have now in a few different places. Like the licensing window.

Quote:Aside from the tedium of retiring designs (but not being able to retire some) slowing things down, the later the game goes, the more I find vehicles that are accidentally on those old components, reducing their competitiveness and preventing me from retiring them. Which I guess kind of gets back to, "if not discontinue, at least a way to prevent me from commissioning new designs based on these old components", which a filter might accomplish (note to self: motivation to vote for the UI/QOL bounties first).

I'm failing to see where this bounty fails to meet what you want. If you try to end the production of an Engine, you can end the production of all vehicle designs using that engine. If you end the production of a car, you can end the production of its components. If you're not using a design, end its production...

Maybe, what you're looking for is a bulk end production tool that lets you put in criteria, like "End production of all unused designs that are 5 years old or older."
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 05-06-2022, 01:26 PM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 03-24-2024, 12:19 AM
RE: [$400] #218 | End Production Mk2 - by Eric.B - 03-25-2024, 05:37 PM