Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$1000] #75 | Powertrain Add-on Sub-Components
Price: $1000

Description: This bounty adds additional add-on selectable sub-component to the chassis and gearbox designers. Some examples of these sub-components include 4-wheel steering, Traction Control, Torque Vectoring, Locking Diffs, Adjustable Ride Heights, Power Steering (Electrohydraulic, EPS, Hydraulic etc).

Requirements:  None

Required By: None

Concerns:  It might be better to include some of these items in the Vehicle Options listing bounty (#76). That bounty likely obsoletes most of these items. Better to fund it instead.

I wanted to avoid players going through lists of items and selecting them with checkboxes. That's what this bounty gives you.

View Vehicle Details will become crowded with more sub-component types. We will omit this information from the current view details windows. Ideally, we fund the removal of 1-100 ratings and get static vehicle information reports. 

Eric's Opinion: When designing GearCity, I tried to limit the number of items the player had to choose. Of course, the fanbase I attracted wants as many options to choose from.

Static vehicle information reports might become a requirement for this bounty after I loop through all the tickets.

The Vehicle Options list (#76) would obsolete most of these options, so I think it wiser to fund that bounty, and we can move a lot of these "tack on" systems to the vehicle designer in a single list.

Links:
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[$1000] #75 | Powertrain Add-on Sub-Components - by Eric.B - 03-21-2022, 03:52 PM