Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WONT]Localization and related expenses
(04-14-2014, 11:00 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(04-14-2014, 10:11 PM)freeman2344 Wrote: Like the idea in general - also a great way to introduce more costs, which is important as we know.

I'm not sure though if this would actually be worth the effort?

I think maybe the execution I suggested might be too much effort which is why I threw it open to other suggestions.

I think for a game that is trying to simulate a global automotive manufacturing business something like this is a must as these rules are generally one of the most significant controls over what they can and can't do and it really does have a massive effect on how the real world companies do business.

I think that there could be a better way to execute it but I'm currently stumped for ideas.
I think its a reasonable concern your having over whether its going to be a lot of effort.
I say this based on the assumption that most of these markets your discussing with local requirements will be country based. (those are the ones im familiar with at least)
Just from my observations ingame, most of the things that actually differentiate countries are city based modifiers, so i suspect that countries may not even exist as entities that effect statistics in the game.
Im open to being corrected on that, as i dont know for sure either way.

All that being said, i can certainly see the benefit of what your suggesting and from the very marginal research ive done, it seems to be something that comes up often in descriptions of design processes.

I may be able to propose something that may fit your requirements using current (or near future) mechanics.
I believe Eric has mentioned that eventually the customers will have certain preferences for certain types of components. For example, they prefer a 4 cylinder over a 1.
Perhaps you could have these preferences be roughly country based(practically city based) to heavily penalize designs outside of the design code/requirements.
Not an ideal solution, but its a thought i had.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Localization and related expenses - by Arakash - 04-14-2014, 11:51 PM