Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gearbox rating / car overall rating
(04-01-2014, 03:34 AM)RavenDark Wrote: Hey everyone,

been enjoying the game very much for a while now, but I can't seem to find any solutions for the following "problems".

First of all it's the gearboxes' overall rating. No matter how much money and effort I invest into development, the gearbox rating will always remain a single red star. Even with all sliders put to far right, the overall rating doesn't change at all. (See screenshot no. 1 - taken in a 1914 save game).
I'm absolutely clueless whether I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, if it's working as intended or maybe even a bug (?).

Second is the car overall rating. Screen no. 2 shows an example. My compact car (the Rover) compared to my biggest competitor's compact car. My car is better in every single aspect, yet the overall rating is a good bit lower than that of the other car. Does the production cost influence the overall rating?
However, even if I sell my car for a lower price than that of the Dulalaye, customers still prefer his crappy 4hp car over mine. And this is just an example. Every other of my cars has a lower overall rating than most rival cars, despite having much better quality, dependability and safety ratings.
Any suggestions what I can do to improve the overall ratings of my cars? Thanks!

Hello, glad your enjoying the game so far.

I can answer some of this, as ive figured out some of it before.

On the Gearboxes it does seem puzzling until you realise the influence that multiple gears has on the quality of the gearbox.
Its actually really large, so for example, i really cant pry a decent gearbox out of my 1 gear setup no matter how hard i try.

I found once i started using more gears i got much better results with designing gearboxes.

On the overall rating thing, i believe overall rating is changed by its age as well, just like a lot of the other stats.
I know you get penalties trying to sell vehicles designed over 5 years ago for example.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gearbox rating / car overall rating - by Arakash - 04-01-2014, 03:56 AM