Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sports car game (1.12) Normal difficulty
(03-10-2014, 09:39 AM)freeman2344 Wrote: Well, if his cars are that much better than those of the competitors, then the fuel economy shouldn't really matter, as he would have plenty of time to fill up during a pit-stop...though this would not be realistic for early 20th century racing. Then again, fuel economy shouldn't have much of an impact during that timeframe anyway, as races back then were IIRC rather short. I think we can all agree that racing needs to be fleshed out a bit to be more fun and realistic - the more or less arbitrary budget slider really doesn't do it for me. But of course a proper racing part would be a huge endeavor and it would probably be best to save that for a possible expansion, as there are entire games devoted to the subject of racing siimulation alone - and even they have plenty of shortcomings. Nevertheless, some more details and changes could make racing more fun without too much work IMO...
I think there have been a couple of suggestion posts on racing already, if your interested in trying to flesh it out id recommend looking them up and entering the discusssion.
Here is one by Sarchez.
edit : Sarchez made another one asking for multiple racing teams here
There may be one or two more, unfortunately a lot of people (including myself at one point) have put multiple suggestions in threads, which makes it very hard to find them later Sad

One thing that could help in this discussion, is a screenshot of the showroom/r&d (or both) of one of the cars used for racing, so we can see how relevant (or not) fuel efficiency is in this case.
If its in the range of normal fuel efficiency, then i think your conclusion is probably the right one, the car should be winning the majority of races. (probably not all of the races, due to the randomness factor involved, but most)

Messages In This Thread
RE: My sports car game (1.12) Normal difficulty - by Arakash - 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM