Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [$300] #146 | Complete OpenGL 3 Support | Requires: #148
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Price: $300

Description: When OSX support forced us to upgrade the game engine to 64-bit, I had intended to add an OpenGL3 Renderer option to the game.

I was able to implement most of the renderer, but shader generation for QuickGUI failed. I threw a day or two at it but gave up because I was rushing to get the 64-bit build released.

This bounty will give me a few days to write a test case and fix the shader generation issues with QuickGUI. Additionally, I'll have to see if there are any other issues with the game and this rendering system.

Requirements: #148

Required By: #147, #149, #150

Concerns: There is a small probability that this bounty will fail. Although, I am more likely to use the bounty funds to pay for Ogre3D support if I can not solve the issue. Shaders are not my thing.

This bounty will almost likely cost me more money than the amount of time and effort it will take to fix.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty would somewhat modernize our rendering systems. That means better driver support on many hardware, fewer crashes, etc. This opens the door for me to push users to the OpenGL system again. Some of the benefits for DX9 users would be no alt-tab crashes, the ability to run turns without window focus, and resizable report windows.

It also opens the possibility of a DX11 renderer, software renderer, and maybe even modernized shader systems for our new vehicle designer.

Because of all this, I have discounted the bounty in the hopes that it gets funded.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!