Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity Progress: 1.11
Sorry I haven't been updating this thread. Day to day life has put me in a not so talkative mood.

Anyhoo, I've knocked out a bunch of bugs in the bug reports.

Here is a list:
Employee bug for cities without marketing.
Overlapping text bug in graphs.
Overflowing component ratings check.
A number of View Component GUI bugs.
Fixed new trim/model year lack of aero-drag bug.
Fixed stock market split bugs
Fixed racing results order
Fixed a number of minor issues in the reports GUI.
Fixed GUI bugs in the world map branch GUI
Fixed a few scientific notation bugs.
Fixed duplication issues caused by quick calc.

We've also added in the showroom artwork! It's awesome!

I've probably did a lot more stuff the last few days, but honestly I can't remember. One of those weeks...

Anyway I've got 14 things left on my todo list, some of which are included in your suggestions. Plus I have the 20-30 or so suggestions left. Not sure what I'll work on next, but I'll try to keep ya'll more updated!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Keep going Eric, you've done a fantastic job so far!
Added a "modify all" button to the mega menu. Which will save a car price/priorities to all branches.

I probably should add this button to the world map too...

Next up clone branch from the mega menu.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
This morning I implemented a clone city distribution in the mega menu. This will allow you to clone an existing branch so you don't have to fill out all the info.

Took most of the rest of the day off.

So tonight I'll start working looking into factory/branch retooling. What I am thinking of is replacing the "View Details" button with an "Expansion" button which will allow you to expand the factory without having to rebuild.

I'll probably then fiddle around with the AI somewhat after that.
(12-21-2013, 07:53 PM)Eric.B Wrote: This morning I implemented a clone city distribution in the mega menu. This will allow you to clone an existing branch so you don't have to fill out all the info.

That is great to hear, everything in that menu is a huge timesaver to me.
Does it also copy marketing budgets? That would also save me a lot of time.
(12-21-2013, 08:52 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 07:53 PM)Eric.B Wrote: This morning I implemented a clone city distribution in the mega menu. This will allow you to clone an existing branch so you don't have to fill out all the info.

That is great to hear, everything in that menu is a huge timesaver to me.
Does it also copy marketing budgets? That would also save me a lot of time.

Not yet, I do plan on doing something with marketing soon. Maybe I could attach it to that button...

The mega menu will also be getting City Data and AI data as well.

Anyhoo progress has been a little slower than I want. So, sorry about that! Smile
Factory resizing has been implemented. I've kept the view details button. What happens now is the build button disappears if you have a factory in that city. The resize button will appear in its place.

I've also implemented a "delayed action" system. Which should help me fix some of the problems with "instantaneous" modification bug, etc.

I'll work on branch resizing next(after I drink my milkshake!), then I'll go back over and clean up some bugs in the retooling system, and tweak some of the numbers...

Then I'll play with the AI a little to get adjusted to this new system...
Knocked out branch resizing yesterday, and increased production lines last night.

This morning I adjusted some retooling/resizing prices.

I'm doing some AI test right now to get them working with the new numbers. I'll probably end up tweaking them a little before jumping over to Marketing Reports/ Image reports/ Demographics Reports, and in game tweaks to these numbers.
The problem with working on AI is that it takes forever and a day to test the changes...
Stress tests to 1980 take about 30 minutes, so it's tweak a little, wait a while, tweak a little, wait a while.

In the meantime I'm adding more AI to the ai_start.xml file Wink
I'm continuing to do minor tweaks to the AI to make them work better long term and to provide you with more of a challenge. It's slow, it's boring, but it needs to be done.

On a happier note, Merry Christmas to all that observe it! Smile