Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Broken power rating in this vehicle
playing 1.15

I was designing a concept car to use with research teams in 1/1984.
I just put it into the designer, its 12+ months off being complete, but i decided to look at it in the view-vehicle anyway.

I spotted one problem with the power rating immediately.

Other people may be able to spot other problems with the ratings like whether the top speed is ok, but i dont have the experience or knowledge to do so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   supercar forum upload 7_6_14.zip (Size: 472.1 KB / Downloads: 370)
Sorry I had to do it...

"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
The 1400 hp probably broke the calculation. I did a lot of stats tinkering with the components.xml in the earlier versions and ran into such problems all the time.

On a more positive note: the performance ratings finally work with the latest patch!
(06-07-2014, 01:39 PM)freeman2344 Wrote: The 1400 hp probably broke the calculation. I did a lot of stats tinkering with the components.xml in the earlier versions and ran into such problems all the time.

On a more positive note: the performance ratings finally work with the latest patch!
Could easily be what you mentioned. From looking at the save game, it seemed to be far beyond the HP of any other vehicle on the market, but the same could be said for its price Smile.

Yeah i think someone needs to start a thread with some technical how large players should be able to make engines.
Is 1400hp and 13L too much? Sounds pretty big to me, but as i admitted right at the start, i really lack the knowledge to be able to contribute to that kind of discussion.
1400hp isn't too big, there are a few supercars with 1000+ hp... For example the Koenigsegg One has 1340bhp out of a 5L motor.

13L isn't too big either. Largest car engine currently in production is the Viper v10 which is 8.4L, The largest ever in a car was 28.3L. And the largest engine in a mass produced vehicle is a 13.5L I6...

That being said, I'm about to make some adjustments to performance rating that will make such weighty things... not as good as they seem! Smile

Forgot to mention...

Fixed!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski