Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi new here
Hi new here. I just bought Gear City in Steam several hours ago and played it for hours. Interesting game, remind me of an old game called Detroit. Not just that, but this game is basically the modern version of Detroit.

The problem is, the 3D car design is not fun. Placing parts (specially the wheels) is tiresome. So, I think that if this 3D car is actually not important for the car selling power, then why bother to include it to the game. But if it's matter, dragging and putting the wheel is also not necessary. You can just let the players to choose the list of the wheel and they should be place automatically there. It is better for me to have a multiple choice of wheel type on the list, rather than bothering to put it to the chassis like what the Gear City has.

Other than that (the 3d car design), this game is excellent and enjoyable. I played this game for hours, and still want to play it more now. But it will be better if the 3d design doesn't hindered the fun with it's tiresome problem. What if the dev create a feature that enable the player to skip the 3d car design (at least until it finished and can be enjoyed to it's fullest).
I believe what has been suggested elsewhere is that instead of abandoning it completely, Eric (the developer) just intends to ship the released game with a number of standard body designs.

So any time you press load during body design you will just have a bunch of standard ones you can use.
That is better biggrin
(06-06-2014, 07:37 AM)HSJ_ADV Wrote: That is better biggrin
Yep Smile
I cant say i enjoy it either really.
Usually what i do is design a few designs, then reuse them a whole bunch.

I think the solution proposed by Eric is probably the simplest one that we would get access to sooner, as it doesn't really require any major change in game mechanics/balance.

It could probably be done now through a mod tbh, if anyone wanted to start collecting a bunch of them. I think we can just dump them into our saved cars folder.
Some work is being done to the car designer. Hopefully it will make it more user friendly and what have you.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but for some people it's a major part of the game. Thus why it's in. This was also one of my beefs with Detroit, so...

That being said, for the people who dislike designing cars, I plan on having the community pool together and designing a bunch of vehicles once we have all, or nearly all, the art assists in place.

For the time being, you don't have to design a car, just select a body and hit finish.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Ah thank you for the reply. I think it can work. For now, I should concentrate on my effort to avoid bankruptcy biggrin