Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Your production level effect the demand for your product.
As the subject says, i would like to know if your production level ( the number of vehicles you produce) effects the demand for your products.

So for example in month one:
You have 300 being produced per month, You turn it down to 150 before the next turn.
You have 200 in stock
You are only selling 200 per month (lets just ignore the many many variables that effect sales for this example)

in Month 2
You produce 150
You have 0 in stock
You sell 550 this month.

Ive seen this behavior, but because of the complexity of the system it is difficult to tell if it is simply a coincidence or the actions are related.
Id love to know with certainty if its true.
While I understand the question in general terms, I'm finding the example hard to follow.
Are you asking if turning down production can directly increase demand?
If so, I have noticed the same behavior but I always just assumed it was natural fluctuations. I don't think this behavior is consistent enough to definitively say there is a link.
I think to prove it you'd either need Eric's input or to spend some time performing some carefully designed tests.
(06-06-2014, 06:58 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: While I understand the question in general terms, I'm finding the example hard to follow.
Are you asking if turning down production can directly increase demand?
If so, I have noticed the same behavior but I always just assumed it was natural fluctuations. I don't think this behavior is consistent enough to definitively say there is a link.
I think to prove it you'd either need Eric's input or to spend some time performing some carefully designed tests.
I was hoping for eric to clear it up for me yes.
As you correctly point out, it could easily be coincidental, but i have wondered if somehow having limited stocks meant more people bought vehicles.

Also if its true, i was hoping to ask for it to be turned off Smile its frustrating to turn down production marginally because i have too much reserve stock only to see a 50% jump in demand.
(06-06-2014, 07:07 AM)Arakash Wrote: Also if its true, i was hoping to ask for it to be turned off Smile its frustrating to turn down production marginally because i have too much reserve stock only to see a 50% jump in demand.

Totally! Drives me nuts too!
Some of it is natural fluctuation(40% or so is the limit I believe), some of it is temporary shifts in demands (i would like to tie these to seasons, but turn times are limiting me) and some of them are influenced by you and the AI, as you move consumer's opinions on vehicle types.

That being said, in RL there normally isn't very steady demand for autos. They typically come in waves based on season, and economic factors.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski