Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Lock Lobbying percentage not working
Playing 1.15

I just noticed that the lock lobbying percentage doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Ive explained the problem using screenshots and also a standardized example

Using my Screenshots:
The initial values and slider setting isdemonstrated in this screenshot
In the case of my game, the maximum(100%) value is 706,884. I set it to that, turned the lock on and pressed apply.

So in my screenshots, this is what my screen looks like a year later.
The maximum has gone up, as normal, but the lobbying value did not stay at maximum(100%) where i set it.
As you can see clearly its still at 706,884 which in this new year is now probably 80-90%.

I moved the slider up to maximum manually then took another screenshot.
Now the slider is at maximum(100%) where it should have been which in this case is $743,600

Using a standardized example:
So lets just say, for example in year one, it was, $100 at maximum(100% ). I lock it at that. I check back a month or two later and it is still at $100 and maximum(100%).

In year two, maximum(100%) has now changed to $110 (because maximums go up over time)
My slider is still at $100, which is now probably something like 80-90%.
I believe it should be at maximum(100%) and $110, because the lock feature should lock the percentage, not the value.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In my current game my lobby percentage has been locked solidly at 50% for years.

Has it been hovering at roughly the same amount under 100% or has it been slowly dropping?
I ask because I thought the advertising budget lock wasn't working until I realized it was displaying 100% of the previous month.
(06-06-2014, 06:41 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I ask because I thought the advertising budget lock wasn't working until I realized it was displaying 100% of the previous month.
If you mean the unrelated bug about marketing resetting, then that's not really at play here.

If you mean you think that's what it was supposed to do, i'm not sure what purpose you think the checkbox serves.

Ill try to explain further using examples and what i thought was WAD.

My understanding was that the button is supposed to update your spending every year when the maximum values change.
So if you set it at 50% one year, it would be 50% 10 years from then, not 20-30%.

Or set out more clearly:
So lets just say, for example in year one, it was, $100 at maximum(100% ). I lock it at that. I check back a month or two later and it is still at $100 and maximum(100%).
In year two, maximum(100%) has now changed to $110 (because maximums go up over time)
My slider is still at $100, which is now probably 80-90%.
I believe it should be at maximum(100%) and $110, because the lock feature should lock the percentage, not the value.

This was supposed to help reduce micromanagement, because often we were forced to move the sliders up ourselves.

This differed from the behavior i observed in the game.

Look at the screenshot i posted initially, in that screenshot, i had at one point set my lobbying to 100% and locked it.

If it was following what i believe to be intended mechanics, then it should also read 100% now some years later, with the corresponding increase in value.

It is also behavior i observed in the marketing section as well, over several years.
(06-06-2014, 06:51 AM)Arakash Wrote: If you mean the unrelated bug about marketing resetting, then that's not really at play here.

I mentioned marketing, but I never mentioned a bug. Not sure where you got that from.

(06-06-2014, 06:51 AM)Arakash Wrote: If you mean you think that's what it was supposed to do, i'm not sure what you think the button is supposed to do. From your description, you say that having the lock marketing button leaves the value(not the percentage) where it is as years go up. How is that different from not having it checked?
As far as i can tell the button doesnt seem to be doing anything atm.

I clearly used % symbols. How did you get that I was discussing absolute values from that?

(06-06-2014, 06:51 AM)Arakash Wrote: My understanding was that the button is supposed to update your spending every year when the maximum values change.
So if you set it at 50% one year, it would be 50% 10 years from then, not 20-30.
This was supposed to help reduce micromanagement, because often we were forced to move the sliders up ourselves.

This differed from the behavior i observed.

Look at the screenshot i posted initially, in that screenshot, i had at one point set my lobbying to 100% and locked it.

If it was following what i believe to be intended mechanics, then it should also read 100% now some months (probably years) later, with the corresponding increase in value.

It is also behavior i observed in the marketing section as well, over several years.

What I asked you was: "Has it been hovering at roughly the same amount under 100% or has it been slowly dropping?"

The reason I asked you this is because if it is slowly degrading then it is definitely not working. However if you set it at 100% but then the following turn it shows slightly lower but then consistently stays there. It could be that it is displaying the amount paid the previous turn but comparing it to the max this turn. Which doesn't mean its not working. It just means it isn't updating the way you expect it too.
I mentioned advertising because this is what it does (in my current game at least). I set my newspaper advertising budget at 100% and lock it. But from the next turn, until I change it again the slider always shows the same small amount below max because it is updating expenditure at a different time to when it updates what the new maximum value it.
(06-06-2014, 07:14 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I clearly used % symbols. How did you get that I was discussing absolute values from that?
Because the way you worded it was extremely unclear. I was and still am confused about what you meant.
I edited my earlier post and provided a clear example of what i meant, i hope it helps explain it more.

Here is what you said:
"I ask because I thought the advertising budget lock wasn't working until I realized it was displaying 100% of the previous month. "

I interpreted this as:
You set it to $100 and 100%
Next month it was $100, "which you thought was weird until you realized it was displaying 100% of the previous month"(So $100).

Its not supposed to show 100% of the previous value, so i dont know why that is not weird to you.

Using that specific example, its not supposed to show 100% of your previous value, or $100, its supposed 100% of the current value.
So if the maximum was now $110, it should be at $110, not $100

(06-06-2014, 07:14 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: What I asked you was: "Has it been hovering at roughly the same amount under 100% or has it been slowly dropping?"

The reason I asked you this is because if it is slowly degrading then it is definitely not working. However if you set it at 100% but then the following turn it shows slightly lower but then consistently stays there. It could be that it is displaying the amount paid the previous turn but comparing it to the max this turn. Which doesn't mean its not working. It just means it isn't updating the way you expect it too.
I mentioned advertising because this is what it does (in my current game at least). I set my newspaper advertising budget at 100% and lock it. But from the next turn, until I change it again the slider always shows the same small amount below max because it is updating expenditure at a different time to when it updates what the new maximum value it.

I apologize for being vague, i edited my previous post several times to try and provide a clear example of this. I believe i have now done so.
Please read it again and it might make a lot more sense.
I understood your OP perfectly fine.

I reworked my last post twice before posting it to try to make sure it was clear so I give up. You seem determined to read the opposite of what I'm saying.
I have yet to look at this yet, but I believe Frankschtaldt is probably correct. Most likely it's displaying last month's amount but is locked for this month's amount. If you notice the value increase the next month, then that's the case!

In other words, I need to pull down the lock percentage and set slider to that. However the "Budget" and the Amount you paid in the expense report will be different...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(06-06-2014, 04:46 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I understood your OP perfectly fine.

I reworked my last post twice before posting it to try to make sure it was clear so I give up. You seem determined to read the opposite of what I'm saying.
Well I'm sorry to hear that.
I am trying to understand the issue here and i apologize again, for misunderstanding your points.
I was dealing with a troll in another thread at the time of my posts, so i admit at the very least i was too distracted to think clearly.

I also reworded my posts several times trying to directly explain things.
The best way I've come up with is the direct example, using two years, percentage values and dollar values that i listed in my post and also edited into my first post.

If i had of explained it better, especially using that example in my first post, i may have avoided all this confusion, so i suppose lesson learned for me.
OK ive updated the first post with screenshots from a game i just did where i replicated the lobbying bug exactly as i had described it.

I have yet to witness the marketing lock bug since i did originally, my guess would be the first time i saw it i accidentally had the lock button off or i made some other obvious and foolish mistake. Regardless of the reason, i haven't seen it since.
Fixed two bugs in the lobby locking system.
First one Frankschtaldt was correct on.

Second one was the lock percentage did not change if you adjusted the funding amount.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski