Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body design optional?
I realize this is a pretty controversial suggestion, but....
Would it be possible to make designing the actual appearance of your cars optional? The AI's don't design their cars and the actual design of the cars model has no effect on the cars stats whatsoever.
I think it's a fairly reasonable suggestion as the game is definitely more focused on the running of the business and the numbers behind that than the design part of the game. I can't be the only person that just loads a body and hits finish without actually doing anything to it can I?

To clarify that last statement a little.
I enjoy playing around the body designer now and again and I think it's an important part of the game.
I just find it annoying that I'm forced to design a body for every car I make when it really has no effect on what is the real focus of the game.
There is actually a false assumption there. Design of the body DOES matter.
Weight, Cargo Room, and Aerodynamic Drag all use the calculations based off the body. Everything that requires these 3 things (which is most things) will be effected as well.

For the AI this data is simulated, which is why we have some problems right now with AI vehicle specs.

What will probably happen. Once i get the decal system finished, and all the art added. I'll ask the community to pool together and create a bunch of premade .car files so we fill your "saved car" list.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(05-31-2014, 08:44 PM)Eric.B Wrote: There is actually a false assumption there. Design of the body DOES matter.
Weight, Cargo Room, and Aerodynamic Drag all use the calculations based off the body. Everything that requires these 3 things (which is most things) will be effected as well.

Well, I'll be giggered! So there actually is an advantage to making to models boot bigger and increasing the slope of the windshield. This knowledge alone effects my opinion of the body design requirements.....

(05-31-2014, 08:44 PM)Eric.B Wrote: What will probably happen. Once i get the decal system finished, and all the art added. I'll ask the community to pool together and create a bunch of premade .car files so we fill your "saved car" list.

That's a pretty good solution I think! I'd be happy to take part in that process when it happens =)
Yup, if you make the boot bigger, you'll increase cargo, luxury, and utility ratings. You'll also increase weight, fuel consumption, and acceleration time.

And if I can get turn times under my goal, I'll make old people in Florida love it too! (Where do old people over there retire to? And do they drive Cadillacs like here?)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-31-2014, 09:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote: And if I can get turn times under my goal, I'll make old people in Florida love it too! (Where do old people over there retire too? And do they drive Cadillacs like here?)

The Gold coast or the Sunshine coast usually. North and south of Brisbane. Anywhere you'll find unemployed surfer bums really. Makes for an interesting social dynamic....

So I've been having a bit of a fiddle with the body designer. It would appear that morphing the body has a direct effect on things like weight, cost, space and drag which then effects other things like top speed, fuel efficiency etc etc which basically just confirms what you said.
It would appear however that components such as wheels and lights have no effect on the vehicles stats. Is that correct?
You are correct.
(05-31-2014, 10:03 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 09:20 PM)Eric.B Wrote: And if I can get turn times under my goal, I'll make old people in Florida love it too! (Where do old people over there retire too? And do they drive Cadillacs like here?)

The Gold coast or the Sunshine coast usually. North and south of Brisbane. Anywhere you'll find unemployed surfer bums really. Makes for an interesting social dynamic....

So I've been having a bit of a fiddle with the body designer. It would appear that morphing the body has a direct effect on things like weight, cost, space and drag which then effects other things like top speed, fuel efficiency etc etc which basically just confirms what you said.
Your observations are pretty similar to mine.
Its one of the main reasons ive pretty much been giving every vehicle i ever design the minimum height during body designer.
Less weight and less drag afaik.

Onto your actual suggestion, your idea is a good one but i think Eric's solution may be a good way to resolve it.

Edit : Added this to the suggestion link thread.
(06-01-2014, 04:41 AM)Arakash Wrote: Your observations are pretty similar to mine.
Its one of the main reasons ive pretty much been giving every vehicle i ever design the minimum height during body designer.
Less weight and less drag afaik.

Onto your actual suggestion, your idea is a good one but i think Eric's solution may be a good way to resolve it.

But lower comfort and luxury I'd expect!
Hi,
This is my first entry.
I have bought the game a while ago and i liked it. This is the game that i really looking for years as a member of automotive industry from Turkey. But i really need some premade cars (with a upgrade option) to continue play the game. I'm interested in business side of the game more than designing a body. Will be there any improvements in near future?
Thanks,
(03-18-2016, 09:02 AM)fyakgun Wrote: Hi,
This is my first entry.
Hello, welcome to the forums!

Quote:I have bought the game a while ago and i liked it. This is the game that i really looking for years as a member of automotive industry from Turkey. But i really need some premade cars (with a upgrade option) to continue play the game. I'm interested in business side of the game more than designing a body. Will be there any improvements in near future?
Thanks,

There are plans to released premade cars, however not all the car artwork is finished. We're still waiting on grills and a few other bits and pieces. When we get these, we'll work in a premade system.

That being said, as mentioned in this thread, you don't need to design the car bodies, just selected a base model and then hit finished. There will be some minor points removed from your ratings, but it is not 100% necessary.