Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Ideas
Well, the "new game" that we have now in the game can be considered as historical game; as the game follow the flow of real world history. It's okay; and also fun. But what if the dev add more feature? Like give us another "new game" choice that we call "Fictional game". In this new game, the event will be randomized. So we won't know when will the World War will occur. We won't know that something good or bad will come to make our business life difficult. This way, the game will have more replay-able value. Because we won't face the same challenge again and again.

Interaction with the local?
- Ok, maybe this feature is a bit outside the box. But the company should be able to "interact" with the local population in the city and country they are in. It is not about that you can talk with the local. No! But more of political, law, and social of the country (and town) that they are in. Like you have a Company social responsibility; you have to check "the law" of the country you're in. From the labor law, political relation (and hostility), to social situation. (Sorry for my bad English. If I can explain it better...)

For example :

I open my company in Ningbo, China, want to export my car to Japan. In order to do so, I must contact Japan's government. The government has the law that I must obey. Like maybe I have to open my factory there, or maybe I have to fulfill some social responsibility to the local; etc. Then I enter the Japan market.

Several years later, Japan and China become hostile. These two countries relation will affect my car export to Japan. I can't sell my sell to Japan any longer, because they ban me from doing so. So I should close my factories there and move it to another "Friendly" country.
(06-08-2014, 02:53 AM)HSJ_ADV Wrote: Well, the "new game" that we have now in the game can be considered as historical game; as the game follow the flow of real world history. It's okay; and also fun. But what if the dev add more feature? Like give us another "new game" choice that we call "Fictional game". In this new game, the event will be randomized. So we won't know when will the World War will occur. We won't know that something good or bad will come to make our business life difficult. This way, the game will have more replay-able value. Because we won't face the same challenge again and again.

Interaction with the local?
- Ok, maybe this feature is a bit outside the box. But the company should be able to "interact" with the local population in the city and country they are in. It is not about that you can talk with the local. No! But more of political, law, and social of the country (and town) that they are in. Like you have a Company social responsibility; you have to check "the law" of the country you're in. From the labor law, political relation (and hostility), to social situation. (Sorry for my bad English. If I can explain it better...)

For example :

I open my company in Ningbo, China, want to export my car to Japan. In order to do so, I must contact Japan's government. The government has the law that I must obey. Like maybe I have to open my factory there, or maybe I have to fulfill some social responsibility to the local; etc. Then I enter the Japan market.

Several years later, Japan and China become hostile. These two countries relation will affect my car export to Japan. I can't sell my sell to Japan any longer, because they ban me from doing so. So I should close my factories there and move it to another "Friendly" country.

One on the things that has come up when talking about countries and their interactions in Gearcity is that countries really dont exist as entities.

The cities simulate countries, by having groupings of similar statistics such as tax, per capita etc.
But there is really no grouping of laws, regulations and society that you could call a country in the game.

I do like your idea of randomizing things to add to re playability, but im not sure whether the system can do it or not as a lot of the things seem set by xml documents, rather than randomly generated.
I suppose its something to ask Eric, the Developer.
Well, it just some ideas biggrin I dunno if it can help or not.
A fictional game is possible, and is something I would like to add. It's not very high priority however. So we won't get it for a while, if we get it at all...

Countries only exists in name only. I had originally intended to make political entities (and thus political issues) into the game, however, the amount of relations data was a bit too much for a one man team. (I'm my own data entry ya know) so it was put on the back burner.

I'm not sure what value local interaction would add to the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski