Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Number of cars built
So, I started a new game with hotfix and all that, everything works, but I'm still plagued by the same thing as 1.13.

I upgrade a factory, this time to 20 lines, capable of 3500 or so cars.

I put the slider a little less than half way, to build 1047 cars per month.

The right amount of people are working, (auto-hire and pay are on), there are no supply issues, everything is peachy, except...

I'm only building (according to end of month chart) 588 cars. And for some reason I'm not able to get a screenshot. Maybe my print screen button is broke, will try a different keyboard.

Edit* Hitting print screen button makes game pause a second (was moving my mouse at the second) but still nothing in the screenshots folder. Also, F12 doesn't work for me to change the month without clicking the clock.
Check your memos and make sure you didn't get a "Parts supply issue" or a "Striking Parts Workers" message.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
You can end turn by pressing "End" F12 no longer works ;-)
(05-22-2014, 06:27 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Check your memos and make sure you didn't get a "Parts supply issue" or a "Striking Parts Workers" message.

Always have, never have any messages. Even before the war, with auto-hire and auto-wage. Building a factory is fine. Re-tooling it is fine. But once it's build and I expand, the ONLY way the number of cars built matches the number of cars that should be built is if the slider is all the way at quality.

Folks, if you could run a report at the end of the month, just use the first option the production / sold / inventory option. I can't be the only one. Can I?
(05-22-2014, 02:13 PM)WaterlandBaits Wrote: You can end turn by pressing "End" F12 no longer works ;-)

Pressing "End" effectively ends my session, as it makes my game freeze lol

Guess I just gotta keep clicking!
I had to move end turn hot key to 'End' because Steam uses 'F12' to take screenshots...

'End' makes sense because it Ends the turn. I could probably come up with another key, like Ctrl-E or something.

Still haven't been able to reproduce your OP issue however.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Also are you checking the correct screenshot folder? All of the data has been moved to the GearCity folder in the installation directory.

Also if you can upload the save file, i'll take a look at it again.
I believe ive noticed this bug myself.
Ive started to notice a large number of odd discrepancies between:
  • the production level i set at my factory (number of cars it says it will produce)
  • the number of cars in reserve and sold during the month

Ive attached an example, with only one factory running.

Edit: Sorry uploaded wrong SC. Fixed now

Edit: It was pretty consistent through my last game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you could include the save game, the production code has a lot of other factors that could reduce production numbers.

Factory wear is one of those.
(05-28-2014, 10:39 AM)Eric.B Wrote: If you could include the save game, the production code has a lot of other factors that could reduce production numbers.

Factory wear is one of those.
I had to go and create another test save to observe this because i didn't think i would need the save to demonstrate it (it was happening every turn).
Ive massively overproduced, to better demonstrate the effect. Its pretty clear here, the number actually produced is 500-700 less than what i set it to.

Attached is a Zip with two folders T1 and T2.
Each has screenshots and saves from two specific turns, T2 after T1.

Included in T2 also is a SC of the Message Box, showing no issues on parts supply.

You can see the bug visible in both the screenshots and the saves.

Attached Files
.zip   FactoryProdDiscrepancy.zip (Size: 4.59 MB / Downloads: 378)
Thank you Arakash, this is exactly the problem I've been having, and the one I tried to describe. I would have included a save game but I can't find it and with my pain meds from back surgery I can't comprehend most things I read (like the how-to for attaching a save game). Fried brain. Thank you again!
This seems to be triggered by resizing the factory.

After the factory has been resized, the quality of the factory improves, however, it does not automatically update the cars being produced in the factory.

If Remaggib can confirm that it happens to factories in which he has he's resized, then I believe we have found the culprit.
I just confirmed this is the same with retooling.

Which reminds me of a ticket long ago.

Should retooling/resizing factories automatically adjust the amount of cars you are producing?

I believe the consensus was no at the time.

So perhaps I should make an optimization memo. When a factory has been retooled/resize and their are production lines left unchanged.

Thoughts?
(05-29-2014, 01:25 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I just confirmed this is the same with retooling.

Should retooling/resizing factories automatically adjust the amount of cars you are producing?

So perhaps I should make an optimization memo. When a factory has been retooled/resize and their are production lines left unchanged.

Thoughts?
Edit : Nvm, in my save i think i may have resized that factory rather than building a new one. I honestly cant remember.

Personally, i think having retooling change the number of cars produced tends to obsolete or at least heavily overlap with resizing.
From a realism perspective it may be true, but it seems inefficient and a bit redundant in a game.

Maybe instead of changing production lines over time, old factories could just have their stats drop over time but maintenance expenses drop also. (they may already do both, ive never closely monitored it.
(05-29-2014, 07:54 AM)Arakash Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 01:25 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I just confirmed this is the same with retooling.

Thoughts?
Edit : Nvm, in my save i think i may have resized that factory rather than building a new one. I honestly cant remember.

Personally, i think having retooling change the number of cars produced tends to obsolete or at least heavily overlap with resizing.
From a realism perspective it may be true, but it seems inefficient and a bit redundant in a game.

Maybe instead of changing production lines over time, old factories could just have their stats drop over time but maintenance expenses drop also. (they may already do both, ive never closely monitored it.

Stats do drop, this is what wear is. Maintenance expenses go up, always. Factory Lines have to increase as the amount you need to manufacture increases. Otherwise you'd have to have factories all over Europe in late game years, which is unrealistic.

The question is mainly focused on: "Do you want the game to automatically double the amount of cars being built when you retool? Or would you rather it stay at what you set it at, until you adjust it your self?"

That being said, I think I came up with a idea fix, so I will try that.
(05-29-2014, 08:16 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Stats do drop, this is what wear is. Maintenance expenses go up, always. Factory Lines have to increase as the amount you need to manufacture increases. Otherwise you'd have to have factories all over Europe in late game years, which is unrealistic.

The question is mainly focused on: "Do you want the game to automatically double the amount of cars being built when you retool? Or would you rather it stay at what you set it at, until you adjust it your self?"

That being said, I think I came up with a idea fix, so I will try that.
You may have misunderstood my meaning.
I meant that resizing changes the maximum amount of vehicles produced in a factory.
You can easily resize your factories as much as you want over time to produce more.
So where is the need for retooling to also increase production numbers, when resizing does the exact same thing?

Edit: Keep in mind im fine with retooling existing, for managing wear, just not for increasing maximum production figures.

So, to directly answer your questions:
(05-29-2014, 08:16 AM)Eric.B Wrote: "Do you want the game to automatically double the amount of cars being built when you retool? Or would you rather it stay at what you set it at, until you adjust it your self?"
No to the first.
Yes to the second.
Retooling keeps the factory at the same size, Think of it as just changing the tools used.

Resizing is building a new factory, this is why it takes time to do, at the same time it replaces the tools used.

The reason for retool is so you're not rebuilding a new factory every time you want to change equipment. Factories run in the hundreds of millions and even billions in late game. I don't think you want to spend a billion bucks and wait 6 months and build a new building just to change a robotic arm and a conveyor belt...
This bug has been fixed.

Current resolution:
When you select a vehicle from the production list, it will load the currently set maximum build amount. Any changes to the Production line, Production Speed, or Shipping Distance sliders will change the maximum build to the new maximum build amount.

When you retool or resize, you will be given a notification memo that your production lines are unoptimized. Meaning you can produce the same amount of vehicles using less production lines or staff.
(05-29-2014, 01:14 AM)Eric.B Wrote: This seems to be triggered by resizing the factory.

After the factory has been resized, the quality of the factory improves, however, it does not automatically update the cars being produced in the factory.

If Remaggib can confirm that it happens to factories in which he has he's resized, then I believe we have found the culprit.

I know it says fixed, and I haven't been on in days, but yes it's been when I re-sized my factories. Sorry for the late reply Sad
No worries, I figured it out! Smile