Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Improbable Fuel rating stars
Examine this screenshot.

Look at the mpg of the vehicle then compare it to the fuel efficiency rating.
I thought a mg of +30 was generally considered good, but the game seems to think my 80mpg is only worth 1.5 stars.

While i respect that the two fuel sliders should have importance in deciding fuel efficiency, i tend to think fuel efficiency is one of the more relative statistics which is often compared to other vehicles/engines around.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The fuel mileage you see on the engine design screen is idle amount of fuel burn (although not in hours as it should be) for that type of engine, it's only 1.5 stars. You should be able to get into the 150mpg range with a single cylinder. Tongue

When applied to a vehicle, that vehicle will (or should not) get 80mpg... This is because the engine will have to run at 100% throttle just keep the vehicle moving! Of course the game is still sorta buggy in this regard.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-03-2014, 12:10 AM)Eric.B Wrote: The fuel mileage you see on the engine design screen is idle amount of fuel burn (although not in hours as it should be) for that type of engine, it's only 1.5 stars. You should be able to get into the 150mpg range with a single cylinder. Tongue

When applied to a vehicle, that vehicle will (or should not) get 80mpg... This is because the engine will have to run at 100% throttle just keep the vehicle moving! Of course the game is still sorta buggy in this regard.
Yes i could've got 150ish with the sliders, i kept reducing my mpg mainly because i had no reason for it to be that high.

In my latest vehicle, ive moved the sliders to higher anyway, just because i bet a low fuel rating will damage me regardless of the actual mpg.

I always assumed the mpg(and hp) generally went down because an engine alone is doing less work than an engine pulling an actual vehicle.

Edit: posted the wrong screenshot Tongue
Fuel rating is now tied directly to the MPG, and it does not decrease over time.
Marking as fixed for 1.18
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski