Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashing (freezing?)
I've created a new save today and when i press f12 in the month that my car would be finished the game just freezes. Please help me.
(04-14-2014, 12:52 PM)Newcry Wrote: I've created a new save today and when i press f12 in the month that my car would be finished the game just freezes. Please help me.
I imagine Eric is probably going to jump in this thread very soon, but i thought id try to help out first.
It sounds like a bug, but it is difficult to tell unless you give more detail on what is happening.

Id close the game first, then open it in that savegame again and see if the same freeze happens when you press f12 in that save. If it does you've found a bug you can replicate, which is part of what an Open Beta is for Smile

If youve found a bug, you can upload a save and a logfile as an attachment in the bug section of the Open Beta Forum.(check Q24 from my FAQ for instructions on how to find the find these files)
(04-14-2014, 01:05 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(04-14-2014, 12:52 PM)Newcry Wrote: I've created a new save today and when i press f12 in the month that my car would be finished the game just freezes. Please help me.
I imagine Eric is probably going to jump in this thread very soon, but i thought id try to help out first.
It sounds like a bug, but it is difficult to tell unless you give more detail on what is happening.

Id close the game first, then open it in that savegame again and see if the same freeze happens when you press f12 in that save. If it does you've found a bug you can replicate, which is part of what an Open Beta is for Smile

If youve found a bug, you can upload a save and a logfile as an attachment in the bug section of the Open Beta Forum.(check Q24 from my FAQ for instructions on how to find the find these files)

I don't know if it is a bug but, when i press f12 the game stops working, and it just happens when my car finishes (it took 10 months but when i press f12 the game freezes).
(04-14-2014, 01:46 PM)Newcry Wrote: I don't know if it is a bug but, when i press f12 the game stops working, and it just happens when my car finishes (it took 10 months but when i press f12 the game freezes).

Hello,

Does this happen everytime? Could it be related to this bug? http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1491

If you upload your log file and the save game I can take a look.

To access these files click start, all programs, GearCity Open Beta, then the GearCity Data folder. You can upload the logfile directly to the forums. The save game you will have to zip first. Let me know if you need a tutorial on how to zip files. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-14-2014, 02:39 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Hello,

Does this happen everytime? Could it be related to this bug? http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1491

If you upload your log file and the save game I can take a look.

To access these files click start, all programs, GearCity Open Beta, then the GearCity Data folder. You can upload the logfile directly to the forums. The save game you will have to zip first. Let me know if you need a tutorial on how to zip files. Smile

I think it's the same bug, but with me the game crashes when the vehicle is about to be released.

Here is the save and log.

Attached Files
.zip   saveandlog.zip (Size: 160.49 KB / Downloads: 430)
I can confirm that it is the same bug as frank had. Simple work around is to hire employees for research (Telephone in the Office, Human Resources, then select research from the drop down). This will prevent the crash.

If you don't want to pay for the employees, just hire 1 in each field of research.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Thanks, and i've noticed another bug. When i build a branch, if i slide the 2 bars all the way to the right side the game crashes when i press f12.
I'm unable to duplicate this, please include the logfile and save file after you have crashed. Thanks Smile
(04-15-2014, 01:05 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I'm unable to duplicate this, please include the logfile and save file after you have crashed. Thanks Smile

Game stopped crashing, anyway, thanks for the support. PS: The game is amazing, congratulations.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. Smile