Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Unknown bug
Like the title says. I don't actually know what this bug is. Something is causing this particular game to crash whenever I try to end this turn. There is an chassis about to finish research so that could be it but otherwise I have no idea.

Log and save attached.

Hmmm, dunno what going on here. Just started a brand new game and I'm getting exactly the same crash!

Attached Files
.rar   Stuart.rar (Size: 88.46 KB / Downloads: 384)
(04-04-2014, 11:20 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Like the title says. I don't actually know what this bug is. Something is causing this particular game to crash whenever I try to end this turn. There is an chassis about to finish research so that could be it but otherwise I have no idea.

Log and save attached.

Hmmm, dunno what going on here. Just started a brand new game and I'm getting exactly the same crash!

Using the same save, i can confirm its crashing for me too.
Unfortunately i cant seem to see anything obvious that might cause it.
You said you were attaching a log, but i think you might have forgotten.
Hmmm, definitely clicked the button to attach it but I must have clicked something wrong. Unfortunately I've deleted it now.

Two different consecutive games with the exact same crash. Mind you, it's the only time I've ever seen this crash. Odd.

Third game today to do this.

Another save and now also a Log attached as originally promised!

Man, I really could have done with a better start to my weekend.

Now, whatever this bug is has improved things tenfold *sarcasm overload*
This has rendered my game completely unplayable. No matter how many times I start a new game now and how many different things I try, on the turn my last component finishes research the game crashes and will do so no matter how many times I try.

Interestingly, if I start a new game and don't actually research anything at all the game crashes straight away so it appears to be a problem with component research?

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 68.45 KB / Downloads: 403)
.rar   Stuart.rar (Size: 87.15 KB / Downloads: 407)
Woot, I have figured it out!!!

This isn't a R&D bug at all. It's a staff bug! The game crashes when you have no hired staff. I've gotten around it by hiring one person to staff my branch while waiting to have something to sell....
(04-05-2014, 01:42 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Woot, I have figured it out!!!

This isn't a R&D bug at all. It's a staff bug! The game crashes when you have no hired staff. I've gotten around it by hiring one person to staff my branch while waiting to have something to sell....
That would explain why i never encountered this bug outside your save. I always have it on Auto Hire Smile
Havn't looked at the save, but it's probably division by zero...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
This bug has been fixed for 1.14.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski