Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gearbox rating / car overall rating
Hey Eric,

I'd love to upload, but the re-installation of GearCity deleted all my old save games.
Gonna start a new game, though. Maybe the bad gearbox rating had a negative impact on the car rating itself.
Ok, I started a new game for testing purposes.

Although it is very early in the game, the situation is comparable to the old save game. I designed a compact car with the main focus for the components and the car itself being fuel efficiency and dependability. According to the components.xml these two factors seem to be the most important ones to potential compact car buyers.
In comparison to another compact car made by a competitor my own car is better in almost every aspect, yet the overall rating again is much lower.

I'm not sure if this early stage save game can be helpful in any way, but I think it's still better to provide a "not so helpful" file than no file at all. Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   xxx2.rar (Size: 141.97 KB / Downloads: 402)
I've figured out the gearbox issue, and it has been fixed for 1.14...
Some bad math on my part.

I'll take a look at the other issues in this thread soon.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Glad to hear the bad gearbox rating isn't caused by some noobish mistakes from my side. Wink

Did you already find the time to check whether this bug caused the car overall rating to be that bad?
Nope, I'll be hitting up the bugs list probably in early may? It should be taken care of around there...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Ah ok thanks, great news. Smile

I assume the rating calculations are done inside the exe-file and not via some script, so there's no chance to change/alter them myself to see if those changed values will affect the car overall ratings in any way, right?
Yes and no.
The actual formula is hardcoded into the game, however about 30% of the variables are accessible from the components xml file. Pretty much everything that makes up your components, make up your overall vehicle rating.
Alright, thanks for the explanation.

I had already modified the values in the components.xml, but they had no effect on the overall gearbox rating, that's why I asked.
But no problem, I'll then keep on producing crappy gearboxes and try to examine some other bugs I recently found (though many of them have already been mentioned here in the forums by Arakash or Frankschtaldt). Smile
(04-04-2014, 04:31 AM)RavenDark Wrote: Alright, thanks for the explanation.

I had already modified the values in the components.xml, but they had no effect on the overall gearbox rating, that's why I asked.
But no problem, I'll then keep on producing crappy gearboxes and try to examine some other bugs I recently found (though many of them have already been mentioned here in the forums by Arakash or Frankschtaldt). Smile
Your welcome to confirm your seeing the same thing in those threads. I often do just to help confirm and often clarify the existing problems.
You won't be able to fix the gearbox rating without my next patch... The values are being divided too much in the actual code.