Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Display Somewhere in Gearcity the primary rating of a vehicle type
This is something that may be a bit more controversial.

Currently in the Save files for each vehicle category/type, such as Compact car/Sedan etc. there are two ratings, a primary and secondary rating, which i assume are the primary things customers look at when they are buying those vehicles. Again using Compact as an example its Primary is Fuel efficiency and its Secondary is Dependability i believe.

I could be entirely wrong on the purpose of these, so im open to being corrected on that.

To me this sounds like something that would be fairly common knowledge to manufacturers in the era and also something that players really should be aware of in order to properly run their companies.

If your uncomfortable with players being told outright, at the very least i think players should have some way of figuring this out, marketing research or something like that?

There are really too many variables involved in sales to be able to actually figure this out through testing imo, so i dont see that as a practical answer.
Well, most of these a fairly straightforward (and they can also be edited in the components file, so anyone interested could look at that). Still, I think it makes sense and doesn't hurt to include the two main "characteristics" in the vehicle type description.
(04-01-2014, 09:18 AM)freeman2344 Wrote: Well, most of these a fairly straightforward (and they can also be edited in the components file, so anyone interested could look at that). Still, I think it makes sense and doesn't hurt to include the two main "characteristics" in the vehicle type description.
That was basically my thought as well.
Most of the time you are right they do make general sense.
Some of them might surprise you though, they did me. The reaction i had made me think that perhaps they shouldn't be hidden values.
Vehicle specific ratings are now displayed when designing a vehicle.

Marking this thread as fixed for 1.18
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski