Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.14 Progress
Sorry for the lack of updates. Mainly been working on cutting a new video. We've changed the posters in the design rooms. And I've tweaked the turn times a little more...

There probably won't be much in the way of news for the next week or so, but open beta 1.14 should be coming out sometime in the next two weeks, and Steam Early Release sometime after that. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Aw, yeah! How excitement!
Nice, congrats.
Im sure you've been looking forward to getting to this stage Smile
Hey, lack of updates probably just means you've been working real hard on 1.14 so who am I to complain? Can't wait for Steam early release! I do have to get a bug list together, found a couple but I keep rage deleting the save files lol
(05-15-2014, 08:53 PM)Remaggib Wrote: Hey, lack of updates probably just means you've been working real hard on 1.14 so who am I to complain? Can't wait for Steam early release! I do have to get a bug list together, found a couple but I keep rage deleting the save files lol

Well 1.14 is pretty much finished. It's just a matter of getting it to work with steam's stuff, and uploading files... I have the slowest "high-speed" internet possible. There also needs to be a period of time between the store's launch and the actual release time. That's why the Open Beta will come out before the Early Access.

But yea, there will probably be bugs in the late game stuff... I think it needs quite a bit of balancing. And the car specs are off on the new models.

Still a lot of work to be done. Sad

It's still fun to play though, when I was cutting video I found my self lost for about 8 hours in the 1950s-1960s. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-15-2014, 08:58 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I have the slowest "high-speed" internet possible

So, about twice as fast as the fastest internet available in Australia lololololol

I'm really looking forward to early access. I have a couple of strange ideas I want to see if I can make work =)
(05-11-2014, 08:31 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Fixed a few possible crash conditions when designing a car. Should hopefully make it a much more stable process.

Also took a bunch of pictures, I'll be updating the site tomorrow. For now I'm going to tweak a few more things that could possibly cause crashing as well as make a new trailer video... Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate making trailers? biggrin

All in all I'm waiting for a few pieces of art and this trailer. 1.14 Open beta should be out in a week or two. No exact dates on the Steam EA release yet.

Yeah looking forward to the steam release date. Payment for your hard work will be nice.
Welp, new video is cut, just waiting for approval to release it. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to do that.

Building 1.14 Open Beta right now. Should be able to get it uploaded tonight (or tomorrow morning) so you guy can try before you buy! Smile
I will probably make it a torrent. With http:// mirrors in the future. Last two months we've almost hit our bandwidth cap. Sad
Torrent is uploaded!

http://www.gearcity.info/Downloads/Beta/...14.torrent

Please seed, my internet is really really slow.
(05-20-2014, 09:24 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Torrent is uploaded!

http://www.gearcity.info/Downloads/Beta/...14.torrent

Please seed, my internet is really really slow.

Woot!
Will dl as soon as I get home ans then seed for as long as I can!