Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[invalid]Possible bug - Switching User accounts
For this, i am really unsure more than usual about whether it its a bug or not.

On 1.13

I was trying to use Gearcity in a different windows user profile today, for reasons i wont go into.

The game was giving me an error related to ogre that said i needed the videosettings file.
Im actually familiar with this file as ive had some minor issues with it before. (long story)

I looked in the AppData/Roaming/Vent for the second profile i was on and noticed it doesn't have a Vent and Gearcity folder at all.
Once i copied over the AppData/Roaming/Vent folders from one profile to the other, it worked properly.

I know a lot of games give the option whether they can be run from other profiles, so im not really sure if this is just a fragment of that kind of feature or a bug.
The install only installs for the current user and not all users... Simple solution is just to run install the patch file and that should give you all the user files that you need.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
This bug is invalid now that settings file is located in the same directory as the install.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski