Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sports car game (1.12) Normal difficulty
Thanks for sharing, it was an interesting read.

One comment i can make on this:
(03-09-2014, 03:04 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Things I noticed:
- Car stats seem to have a surprisingly small effect on race outcomes. During the early 20's when I wasn't even showing up on the list of entrants I was comparing my car to the cars of the companies that were getting the top spots and the car I was entering was significantly better than theirs in almost every single way (usually worse fuel consumption though). It wasn't until I maxed out my race budget that I started winning again (prior to that I was spending 80-90% of the max).
I dont recall where on the forums, but im about 90-95% sure that Eric said fuel economy had a direct impact on race results, which to me does make sense when i think about the types of races i see today.
So hearing that your car is better in every aspect but fuel economy leads to the conclusion that perhaps you should try to race with fuel economy equal to your competitor

I wouldn't be surprised if it was still difficult to win reliably even with all stats above your competitor. I suspect it needs to be playtested some more to see if its balanced and needs to be fixed/improved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My sports car game (1.12) Normal difficulty - by Arakash - 03-10-2014, 03:56 AM