Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List resets
Following on from Eric request in this thread ive created this thread to list any problems with lists resetting their positions when you press apply.

The one example i gave in that thread was in the mega menu.
In the marketing section, when you have multiple models to select from, you have to scroll down to select them, but once you modify the value and press apply, the list you are scrolling through resets to the top.
This is a bit frustrating and just creates extra clicks for the player without any real benefit imo.

Edit:
Another instance in the Mega Menu.
In the top left, where you select the vehicle to produce..
After you press apply, the list on the left resets.

If anyone else wants to list any other places where a similar thing happens here, hopefully Eric can eventually work on all of them.
I think there a few other examples but I was going to wait till 1.12 to go looking for them.

My understanding from Eric is that these list resets are a bug so this thread might be better in that section?
(02-26-2014, 10:12 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I think there a few other examples but I was going to wait till 1.12 to go looking for them.

My understanding from Eric is that these list resets are a bug so this thread might be better in that section?
I dont think there is any need to wait for the next version on this specific one. Afaik, none of these have been fixed in this version, so there is no risk of reporting things that are already fixed. There are also no improvements or changes in this specific problem coming up, again afaik, so that eliminates another reason to wait.
I cant think of any other reason you would wait, perhaps there is one i haven't thought of.

I dont really interpret them as bugs as the system is afaik WAD, its just not user friendly.
Unlike the hidden scroll bar in that thread i originally linked, which seems to be not WAD i.e. a bug, it should be visible but it isnt.

Im happy for Eric to either keep the thread here or move it. Ill leave it up to how he wants to organise/look at it.
(02-26-2014, 10:21 PM)Arakash Wrote: I cant think of any other reason you would wait, perhaps there is one i haven't thought of.

My one and only reason is that I have made the conscious decision to not play the game again and focus on other things until 1.12 hits to prevent burn out. Not that I'm burning out. I just want to make sure I don't for as long as feasibly possible.

That way when 1.12 does hit, I can start fresh and full of new and exciting bug reports! =)
(02-26-2014, 10:53 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 10:21 PM)Arakash Wrote: I cant think of any other reason you would wait, perhaps there is one i haven't thought of.

My one and only reason is that I have made the conscious decision to not play the game again and focus on other things until 1.12 hits to prevent burn out. Not that I'm burning out. I just want to make sure I don't for as long as feasibly possible.

That way when 1.12 does hit, I can start fresh and full of new and exciting bug reports! =)
Fair enough.

I try to avoid burnout as well, ive played a little Gearcity every few days/week so far, but i lurk the forums and IRC most day just to keep an eye on things.

Anyway, once 1.12 comes out, im looking forward to your posts and the general flurry of posting i probably expect from most users.
Ive noticed another place where it happens in the mega menu.
Ill edit it into the OP.

In the top left, where you select the vehicle to produce..
After you press apply, the list on the left resets.