Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sub-regions
Some of the regions in the game a quite large. It can cost quite a lot in freight to ship from Now York to San Fran or from Sydney to Perth. Would it be possible (or worth while) implementing a sub-region system?

I can think of two ways to do it and both have drawer backs so I'll give both of my ideas:

1 - Just make more regions. North america becomes East, West and Central. Australia becomes East and West etc.
The biggest problem with this one is it forces people to do things multiple times even if they still want to treat the broken up regions as they were.

2 - Have a sub region break-up whenever you have a region selection. So, wherever there's an option to select a region, add in a second option to select a sub-region. So, you select North America, the sub region would default to "All" but you could change that to East, West or Central.
The biggest problem with this is more work!
(02-20-2014, 03:02 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Some of the regions in the game a quite large. It can cost quite a lot in freight to ship from Now York to San Fran or from Sydney to Perth. Would it be possible (or worth while) implementing a sub-region system?

I can think of two ways to do it and both have drawer backs so I'll give both of my ideas:

1 - Just make more regions. North america becomes East, West and Central. Australia becomes East and West etc.
The biggest problem with this one is it forces people to do things multiple times even if they still want to treat the broken up regions as they were.

2 - Have a sub region break-up whenever you have a region selection. So, wherever there's an option to select a region, add in a second option to select a sub-region. So, you select North America, the sub region would default to "All" but you could change that to East, West or Central.
The biggest problem with this is more work!
I think it would be worthwhile to divide up some of countries with large numbers of distant cities in a region, like Europe and North America, but not worth it in the case of Countries with very few cities, like Australia.

Even though the distance is still a problem for Australia, there are so few cities you can still easily micromanage it. This is much harder in the US.

I so rarely use regions anyway, i cant say id feel inconvenienced by having to select Eastern US instead of North America. On Balance it would probably save me time(less city micro) in the rare cases i use regions.
Yeah, Australia's not really a good example.
America, Asia and Europe would be the main ones (Russia really should be it's own region!)

I use regions all the time. In most games I have different vehicles made for different regions so I use regions with almost every vehicle launch and I often find myself wanting higher prices on the west of America, Russia and certain parts of Asia to cover higher freight costs. This generally means using the sell in region button and then going to certain branches to manually modify prices one by one. These sub regions would alleviate that extra effort some what.

On a side note, sub regions could also be very useful with my marketing and factory managers if all three were implemented. Would give you a lot of room to carefully control marketing and freight costs with considerably less effort than what is currently required. Of course you could still do it better controlling each separate facility but bugger that LOL