Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Brand events ?
Is there anything in the works for random events that'll hit a specific company/marque ?

I'm thinking along the lines of Toyota having to recall thousands of cars, due to speeder problem etc.
(02-18-2014, 11:43 AM)Sarchez Wrote: Is there anything in the works for random events that'll hit a specific company/marque ?

I'm thinking along the lines of Toyota having to recall thousands of cars, due to speeder problem etc.
I had expected there might be more of these coming in in an expansion or mod, expanding on the current:
"Issues with parts supply" Which happens quite regularly.
Right, but there could be decision ones as well.

Like when Aston Martin was asked to provide a car to 007 movies.
That has definately given them a boost to image ever after.
There is little chance of "movie" events or anything as such, but the event system should be open to modding at some date. So maybe! Smile

Recalls are already implemented, however it needs some tweaking. It doesn't fire often, and not all recall events have been written.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
We now have recalls implemented in two different places in 1.17. Involuntarily using the event system, and voluntarily using the action memo system. As such I'm marking this thread as fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski