Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Locking the Time of Day
This came up in chat after watching the Lighting Demo. While watching this, and playing the game of course, I noticed that I hated playing the game on those turns when I had to do things at my desk during the darkest hours of the day, and while I appreciate the seasonal lighting, and the changes in scenery out the window...what I don't care for nearly as much is having to fight my way across my the desk to find the magazine or the mega menu or even the phone sometimes (especially on Winter Night - that's way too dark for me). I know, with a static desk scene, things won't shift around on me, so you could literally navigate the scene no matter the year or season with your eyes closed.

Any chance, likely in the options menu (or perhaps via a phonecall to your secretary asking her to make sure you get out of the office by a certain time each day) to either enable or disable specific times of day, or lock the day cycle to a specific one?
(02-18-2014, 09:36 AM)Geredis Wrote: This came up in chat after watching the Lighting Demo. While watching this, and playing the game of course, I noticed that I hated playing the game on those turns when I had to do things at my desk during the darkest hours of the day, and while I appreciate the seasonal lighting, and the changes in scenery out the window...what I don't care for nearly as much is having to fight my way across my the desk to find the magazine or the mega menu or even the phone sometimes (especially on Winter Night - that's way too dark for me). I know, with a static desk scene, things won't shift around on me, so you could literally navigate the scene no matter the year or season with your eyes closed.

Any chance, likely in the options menu (or perhaps via a phonecall to your secretary asking her to make sure you get out of the office by a certain time each day) to either enable or disable specific times of day, or lock the day cycle to a specific one?
Personally, after all the games ive played, im really not bothered by it (i barely notice it), but i can see from another perspective why it might be more frustrating.
Having an option to turn it on/off sounds like a natural choice.
If in doubt, secretary Tongue
My thoughts exactly, Sarchez. Never mind that aside from hiring/firing folks, it coudl be interesting to add a few optional things you can do with the phone if you're so inclined.
I never noticed it to be honest.
Though, if the option was there atm I'd probably use it as I've noticed the game stalls badly every time it changes the office art atm. At least on my machine it does.
Hmmm, should that be a bug report?
(02-18-2014, 02:38 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I never noticed it to be honest.
Though, if the option was there atm I'd probably use it as I've noticed the game stalls badly every time it changes the office art atm. At least on my machine it does.
Hmmm, should that be a bug report?
Im not sure. The game chugs a fair bit when you press the turn button anyway, but that is by no means unusual for a turn based game. A lot of games have much longer turn times.
It stalls at the pure awesomeness of the AI.

Ok, exaggerating some, but yes, it's crunching a lot of data at turns end (specially on the quarters)

Eventually I'll open up the AI to allow you to adjust the numbers of companies. Less AI = faster turn times.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski