Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design Body - R&D Crashes
Ive talked about this crash in other threads, but i think it needs its own bug thread.

There are several crashes ive run into and tried to explain to Eric, mostly over VENT IRC, related to the "Design Body" area of the game.
Note: Please take note that im talking about specifically the "Design Body" button, not the Design-Vehicle area in general where you adjust sliders for the whole vehicle.

The most repeatable Crash is this one, which i posted about in the Crash Dumps thread: (Log and save are located there
(02-14-2014, 11:58 AM)Arakash Wrote: For the crash, i select Compact car, then the first option for chassis, engine, gearbox, then ok
Then i go to Design Body, click load vehicle, then click a model
I wait for the model to appear behind it, reselect the model (as it always deselects it after loading for whatever reason), then click load
Then i click finished on the left.
And Crash

There is also a similar crash that happens when you load and design a body in the Car designer, then try to change its paint color. I believe Eric mentioned this one was fixed.

If anyone has seen other crashes in this specific area, especially ones that are repeatable (it crashes everytime you do a specific thing), i think that would be very useful to know.
Like i said in other tread some times when i am making a new model after choosing the components and variables i go to the design mode, i chose the model and then put the design at my will, put the accessories and when i select the paint option the game crash, the problem is not happen every time, lets say in 10 new model happens 1 time.

Other thing i am having difficulties finding the crash log, where is he located? i don't have the game installed in C.
(02-16-2014, 07:23 AM)girao Wrote: Other thing i am having difficulties finding the crash log, where is he located? i don't have the game installed in C.
For an answer to that, Check out no 21 in the FAQ linked in my signature. (here is another link)
That's the recommended way to do it at the moment, and the way Eric(the moderator) has been saying it, as other ways have caused issues. (long story)