Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash on save load
I just had a crash when loading a specific save.

The crash did not replicate when i loaded the save a second time.

Log is attached.
I can attach a save if its needed, but i assumed it wasn't as the crash doesn't happen on every save load.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 34.14 KB / Downloads: 415)
From an IRC discussion, here is the report from the debugger mentioned there.
I believe it is also an instance of the same bug, as it crashed right when i tried to load a save. But when i started Gearcity and loaded it, the save loaded properly.

Attached Files
.rar   CrashHang_Report__Date_02_18_2014__Time_01_35_26AM__869.rar (Size: 13.78 KB / Downloads: 427)
Im still getting a lot of these kinds of crashes.
Same experience as the original post, the game crashes when you try to load the save, but opening the game again and opening that specific save doesn't replicate the crash.

I think it happens more often when you load a game, exit to main menu then load another save.

Just today, i was scanning through saves for another forum thread and i could very rarely open more than 2 saves without restarting the game before the game would crash.
Many times it happened when i tried to load the second save, so i didnt even make it to 2 in some cases.
Its worth mentioning that the saves i was loading were all 1906-1910 saves rather than empty 1900 ones.
Whopse, I replied in the wrong thread!!!

I'll get to this one when I get to it! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski